I am emirgrating

Danny

Administrator
Hello forum,

Jane and Me have decided that we are moving abroad to either australia or canada, this wont be for at least a year but the plans are their.

So just though I would let you all know and well gonna have to start thinking about what to do with my buggy ect and what the laws are ect.

I have been to both canada and australia and prefer OZ but jane has never been so we will be going holiday first then the decision....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Danny

iank

Cool. I lived in Canada for 4 years 1999 to 2003.
If there's anything you need to know about Vancouver, or the process of emigrating to Canada just ask.

Phaeton

Staff member
Good luck to you, I thought seriously a few years ago when the kids were little but wasn't brave enough, still have regrets about it sometimes.

Alan...

iank

Oh, rules about kitcars are very different in Canada and Australia.

In Canada you can't import a kit (at least according to the rules), but you can build your own from plans or your own design. Not sure of the registration requirements.

In Australia you need a qualified engineer to sign-off your build as you go through it. There are some pretty strict safety requirements. I don't believe you can put a bike engine in either. I suspect you could import a fully built car, but registration might take a bit of work.

Asking on www.locostbuilders.co.uk will get answers from people in both countries about the rules, along with an enormous thread of 'me too's' from the brits :)

Danny

Administrator
Thanks Guys,

I still have a long way to go got to see what I need for my trade ect may need time served and a full portfolio of work ect.

Jane also needs to see what she can offer whether it be teaching or account ect so we both have a our work cut out but definiately looking forward to it.

Got a long way to go yet.

Danny

iank

Following applies for Canada, but Oz is probably similar.

First bit of information is that getting married before applying makes things both easier and cheaper. No idea if that's on the cards or not, but just an information point.

For Canada you can do an online assessment to find out if you currently qualify (it's on a points system). If you don't you can see where you need to add qualifications etc.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html
There is a list of qualifying professions, or at least there used to be.