IVA Emissions

Mini Mad Max

Sorry if someone has already covered this!

I felt pretty defeated when the government announced it was planning to bring in modern mot emissions standards for all new vehicles to go through the IVA.

I remember reading a lot about the proposals and consultation period, but never saw anything following up whether or not it had come in to effect with vague suggestions that it would do so in the summer.

I finally came across the conclusions and it's good news! Kit car emissions shall continue to be engine age related. The relevant pages in the summary document are 16 and 34 I think.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/road-vehicles-improving-air-quality-and-safety

Perhaps now I ought to get round to booking the IVA test.... Nah it can wait another year or two ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
The deadline you really ought to be worried about Max is the 2040 when you will no longer be able to register an internal combustion engine running on either petrol or diesel, although on current rate of finishing it won;t be complete by then anyway

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":36rkcii0 said:
The deadline you really ought to be worried about Max is the 2040 when you will no longer be able to register an internal combustion engine running on either petrol or diesel, although on current rate of finishing it won;t be complete by then anyway

hahahahahaha

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":3eefwj0w said:
Arghhhhhhhhh I don't have much time!!!! :eek: