I've gone and done it!

collie

Hi Guys,
I've gone and done it, placed my order for a Freestyle with Dave and Just won a wreck of a Mini Donor on eBay!
I know I'm gonna pay waaaay too much for it but I'm hoping to recoup some of the loss with the sale of some of the new body panels the guy was selling with it!
Wish me luck!
:D

MattBlack

Well played mate.. you will not regret it.. Welcome to the highs and lows of a self build kit car project.. i guarantee it'll be worth it! :D

iank

Good luck :D
Did you go for powdercoat? It's a mixed blessing, but painting the chassis takes forever.

collie

"iank"":2k497n50 said:
Good luck :D
Did you go for powdercoat? It's a mixed blessing, but painting the chassis takes forever.
I've decided to do a dry build so I've ordered without powdercoat, but I will probably end up having the chassis powdercoated, however that's a long way off!! Cheers :)
"RichardG"":2k497n50 said:
Well done - when do you expect to collect your chassis ?
Dave told me 3 weeks, but he did say he'd have to order some bits first so I guess it'll probably give me a month to strip my donor down?

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I'm so excited I feel like a kid a Xmas!

R1FREESTYLE

Well done! You should get a fair bit for the parts you dont need on ebay. I paid £150 for my donor, granted all I wanted was the front brakes, drive shafts, steering column and rack and a few other bits and bobs but I made a small profit by the time I had stripped it all and sold off the parts.
One guy offered me £40 for the whole car (minus front subframe and engine), after stripping the whole thing to a bare shell the same bloke won just the shell in one of my auctions for £45 a week later.
Happy building! :wink:

Steve

Well done,
Building it- There will be good days and bad.
Driving it- There will only be good times.
Good luck, hope to see it on the road soon.
Steve