Joyner 650 Steering replacement - help needed!

TommyG81

Hi All,

New to the forum so I'll start by saying Hello!

I have a 2007 Joyner 650 in pretty good nick all round for its age. I've had it for about a year and love it! Its not the quickest thing in the world but when looking at smiles per miles, it hands down beats any other 'toy' I've ever owned! ;-)

I'm after a little help with parts replacement. It's in for an MOT at the moment and nothing that I wasn't already aware of has popped up and either thrown in an advisory or has failed it completely. The fails I can easily overcome - the advisories seem to be a little more challenging.

There is quite a bit of play in both the steering rack and the linkages in the universal rod, not MOT fails but will definitely need attention in the not too distant future. As there's not a cat in hells chance of finding replacement original parts for it now (trust me I have tried!) Does anyone know of any compatible parts I can try with minimal modification to fit? Anyone that owns one that has been through the mill with their own?

I spoke to a well known UK buggy manufacturer and was advised that the Fiat cinquecento steering rack should fit but on further investigation, the fiat rack is significantly shorter than the Joyner one and the mounting of it is completely different so without a huge amount of jiggery pokery, I can't possibly see how it could fit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Tom

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry don't think there are any Joyner owners on here, can you take a photo of the rack, it might prompt somebodies mind about a similar one.

TommyG81

Thanks Phaeton,

i’ll get some pics posted early next week and see if anyone might recognise anything similar on other buggies. 👍🏼

250buggys

Hi All,

New to the forum so I'll start by saying Hello!

I have a 2007 Joyner 650 in pretty good nick all round for its age. I've had it for about a year and love it! Its not the quickest thing in the world but when looking at smiles per miles, it hands down beats any other 'toy' I've ever owned! ;-)

I'm after a little help with parts replacement. It's in for an MOT at the moment and nothing that I wasn't already aware of has popped up and either thrown in an advisory or has failed it completely. The fails I can easily overcome - the advisories seem to be a little more challenging.

There is quite a bit of play in both the steering rack and the linkages in the universal rod, not MOT fails but will definitely need attention in the not too distant future. As there's not a cat in hells chance of finding replacement original parts for it now (trust me I have tried!) Does anyone know of any compatible parts I can try with minimal modification to fit? Anyone that owns one that has been through the mill with their own?

I spoke to a well known UK buggy manufacturer and was advised that the Fiat cinquecento steering rack should fit but on further investigation, the fiat rack is significantly shorter than the Joyner one and the mounting of it is completely different so without a huge amount of jiggery pokery, I can't possibly see how it could fit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Tom
I was looking at getting a Joyner 650 before I bought a Freestyle.

There were always loads for sale on ebay and spares too. I would get in touch with anyone selling spares on ebay and see if they can source you a steering rack.

This chap is selling parts worth a message to see if he has anymore parts etc

Have you tried storm buggies? I see it is out of stock but maybe worth getting in contact if you haven't already?

I know the Joyner uses the Isuzu 650 engine but not sure where the steering rack came from, worth posting the question on a dedicated forum such as

Blitz Buggies rebadged the Joyner 650 as the Howie 650 so well worth getting in touch with them also

Hope this helps...