joyner 650

swifthalf

hi as you may know i own a blitz with a 1275 lump but my son is going for a test soon and allso has the buggy bug lol and wants a joyner 650 on road as we have found that the buggys are a lot cheaper on insurance than a car for him this is another good thing so here is my question or two lol how reliable are these buggys how do they handel on road how are they on the motorway and what should i look for when buying a secondhand one cheers matt

jim600

swifthalf":vzg3qw20 said:
hi as you may know i own a blitz with a 1275 lump but my son is going for a test soon and allso has the buggy bug lol and wants a joyner 650 on road as we have found that the buggys are a lot cheaper on insurance than a car for him this is another good thing so here is my question or two lol how reliable are these buggys how do they handel on road how are they on the motorway and what should i look for when buying a secondhand one cheers matt

Just out of curiosity - what sort of quotes are you getting for the buggies. I've always found quads/buggies to be more expensive than my car insurance (I'm 21) - only seems to start getting cheaper over 25 - infact no-one would insure me on a buggy over 250cc until I was over 21.

We've had a blitz and a joyner and for lots of road mileage I'd take the blitz everytime. The joyner was fun but too slow for main roads and basic parts like tyres are so much more expensive than mini/car parts. We had a few problems with the fueling on the joyner - but it was more or less reliable, but no-way could I see it doing several k road miles per year like an a-series engine could. For a toy - the joyners are fun, but dont think I'd want to take one on the motorway, blitz would be a better bet. Also if he's on a budget our joyner got about half the mpg of our blitz.

offroad 68

My son was 17 last week and got him insured for his VW fox 1.2 for £1460 third TPFT (could have had Fully comp for £1900) with a tracker fitted so he can not use the car between 11 and 5 at night also this insurance covers him whilst a learner and when he passes his test, be carefull many will not insure when he has passed his test.
No doubt will cost a lot more for a kid in a buggy.

swifthalf

adrian flux was quoted 3rd party fire and theft 1900 with out blitz club discount if you join the club he would get that cheaper our post code is high risk and the cheapest quote on a car so far has been 4300 on a pug 106 1lt 3rd party fire and theft so the buggy is coming up cheaper for him

offroad 68

swifthalf":x8mjhwu3 said:
adrian flux was quoted 3rd party fire and theft 1900 with out blitz club discount if you join the club he would get that cheaper our post code is high risk and the cheapest quote on a car so far has been 4300 on a pug 106 1lt 3rd party fire and theft so the buggy is coming up cheaper for him

Are those quotes for him as a provisional driver or a qualified driver, it makes a big differance.

swifthalf

that would be for him with a full licence even mine is pricey i have an 03 ford ranger 25td crew cab i have been driving since i was 17 and now 40 with full no claims and mine is 780 fully comp so i come to think it our postcode as when we lived in somerset my insurance was about 50% cheaper than it is now

Danny

Administrator
I was 19 when I first insured my buggy and it was like £300

At 27 I pay about £130 Fully Comp..... Graham sykes is who I use and you get club discount as well :)