K series project

Ive just brought Daves Freestyle copy.. (Yesterday)

Had no engine fitted.. was a complete bargain in my opinion..

Plan is to use a Metro K series 1400 auto as the donor and get it through SVA test

So today I set about stripping it..

A series sub frame had to come out.. but figured whilst Im at it why not make changes to other bits im not happy with...

Im not a footie fan.. so liked the 'goal post' frame at the back even less...

So this roll bar will be re-made to a modified design..

I will also be adding in some cross members to the floor pan and side bars..

An MGF sub frame is going to be mounted in the back.. and the rear end totally rebuilt.

Plan to make a number of alterations to the frame.. to make it more to my taste..

Pics will follow as and when we get to those stages..

Baloo

soon have a metro/mgf subframe in there,  any help you need you know where l am,  will be down for a test drive next week end ?

I hope Shaggy doesnt mind me using his pics..

I want to go similar route.. but keep the tube tighter to the frame..

Attachments

• shaggy1.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 5,938

Baloo

hi Allan

heres a thought for the fuel tank, mgf  ::)

mgfbehindseatfueltank-1.jpg

if we are going to mod the area behind the seats then we can make this tank fit, its about 6" wide and some of that will tuck behind the seats, might have to make the buggy 4" or so longer, the advantage l can see with this tank is that since its plastic it wont rot and leak but also its designed for the K sries engine so the fuel pump and sender will marry up to your metro engine, even the fuel line are quick release connectors, can also use the filler neck and cap, couldent be easier really,  will need to box it in in its own compartment but thats easy done