K Series Rear Suspension

Danny

Administrator
Right so I have been jumping from MGF to MGTF subframe options and the only difference is that the MGTF has onboard coilover suspension and the MGF has Hydragas...

Hydragas is fine but the spheres are mega money and near impossible to find replacements....

So it would seem a simple choice going for the MGTF inboard coil over.... but then there's the spring hardness.... will it be too hard? WIll it be undrivable? Will it be too hard?

The K series engine on its own weights 130KGS .... do you think it will make a blinding bit of difference using the standard springs and shocks?

Your thoughts are always welcome and sorry for posting loads but I am sure this will help someone in the future :)

Danny

Administrator
Spring rates for MGTF are as follows...

A quick search on the fourm shows:

OEM front 375lb, 600lb rear

Gaz front 300lb, 550lb rear

XPower front 400lb, 800 rear

''Left a Bit''

Depends entirely on what your buggy weighs I supposed, I guess the unsprung weights are similar but you're a bit lighter up front, so the outride rates might not be far away, maybe a little soft on compression damping, but the front/rear balance might be out a bit - could end up a little understeery.

FWIW, the wheel rates on ours are 100lb/inch front, and a knats over 200 at the rear. Albiet I have more travel to work with.