Kit Car Photos

Danny

Administrator
Ah nice a blitz :D I dont think I have ever seen a road legal one in the flesh!!!

Where abouts in the world are you?

Coppertop

Howdo, I’m up near Leeds (West Yorkshire - not Kent) although the car is near Worksop. It is loosely road legal, as it does have a V5. Ask no questions and I shall tell no lies :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Surprised I've not seen it around, although I rarely go 4 miles down the road to Worksop, I've never heard of a Morris Unknown, was it a development vehicle ;D ;D

Coppertop

To be honest I’m not sure. It has a wider body than other Blitz that have seen, with the side rails flared for the ‘larger’ driver and that’s what it said in the V5 so I’m am unsure of the provenance. It is unfortunately for sale at the moment, I have put some detail on the for sale section of the forum.

250buggys

Unless its registered as a blitz on the V5C its worth more in parts, unlikely you will see 1950. I paid closer to 800 for mine and that is the more desirable freestyle.

You would be better off learning to mig weld and knock up some mud guard brackets and finising off your build. looking good so far, not much else needed to getting it on the road, unless you need to IVA test it? If so that is a whole world of pain!

Coppertop

Cheers for your honesty 250buggys. It is a long shot and you are correct in that it would probably be worth more as a sum of its parts rather than as is. As far as I can see it wouldn’t need to go through the IVA though as it has a V5C and even the last MOT certificate from years ago. The problem with kit cars is that you think they are worth more because of the time and effort put in and you lose all sense of reality, ha ha.

250buggys

In that case, get the mud guards on and get it through an mot, it will be worth more with 12 months ticket.

I enjoy tinkering, I try and look past how much it costs..

Phaeton

Staff member
The V5C 'could' be correct if it was registered as a kit before 1998 anything could be on the as the description, I've just bought another kit which has Alpha Romeo Formular 27 as the description but I have all the paperwork to say it was registered in 1995 so all is good, I'm hoping when the V5C comes back that the year of manufacture has been put as 1983 which is the donor year as it will be historic in 4 years :D

If this were mine I think I'd be looking to take out the bling engine sell that separately & shove in just a standard motor, I think that would fetch the most money.

Phaeton

Staff member
Well if you're looking for one I may have the perfect car, it's already running the Type 9 gearbox, so it's a straight fit for you & will be a lot cheaper than that knock off, hopefully it will be through MOT by the end of the week, just got to change 2 balljoints & then it will be for sale, I have nowhere to store it other than outside on the drive which is not good.

250buggys

That looks like a lot of fun Alan, you shouldn't have any problem selling that at this time of year, you will have to give it a good run before you let it go. You are right the ST170 engine would mate to that type 9 very nicely, as much as I want a 7, I am too fussy.

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny remind me tomorrow evening to take you some pictures of the pedal box it's adjustable, it has about 5 different settings, might be an idea for your long legs & little cockpit

250buggys

Danny":1b7jhnmd said:
A seven will be after my Mojo I think

Danny but which 7 would you choose?

Restore an old westfield or build a new kit

Tiger Avon
MK Indy
GBS Zero

I thought you said after your Mojo it was an MEV then an Ultima. You are going to need more garages...

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":3eicnxpj said:
Danny":3eicnxpj said:
A seven will be after my Mojo I think

Danny but which 7 would you choose?

Restore an old westfield or build a new kit

Tiger Avon
MK Indy
GBS Zero

I thought you said after your Mojo it was an MEV then an Ultima. You are going to need more garages...
I wont build one... I will just buy one that is finished and then use it for a year and bin it off.

I have potential for 3 more garages coming my way....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk