Max's Freestyle buggy Discussion thread.

Mini Mad Max

Panels are at the paint shop. Got a bit of wiring to do. Debating whether I can get away without a front bumper bar for the IVA - thinking I can (because I'd need to fabricate one). Going to take it to a friend's MOT station to make sure it's all good for IVA. He's also got a long private road that I'll use to set up my speedometer. All in all, it's quite a short list so should be ready for summer 2019.

Mini Mad Max

Haha, that would be nice. At least it would be more reliable than an A-series!

Been to the paint shop today. The panels are nearly ready and looking pretty lovely!

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":2hxa7m13 said:
Might not happen as I'm toying with working in New Zealand for a year!! ;D
My lad over there at the minutes, comes back Febish, loves it but it's VERY expensive, only issue he has is he's bored at night, he was going to buy an old car or bike to play with but then he has no tools so again gets expensive.

Mini Mad Max

It would be torture to stay in there for any length of time without any wheels to go explore those awesome mountain roads!! Perhaps I would need to save a chunk just for getting a cheap beater ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
He's bought a car a Honda estate, he ripped all the back out & put a bed in there along with curtails for nights, he then spent the first 3 months touring both north & south islands, but soon rang out of cash.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":8e2nruij said:
He's bought a car a Honda estate, he ripped all the back out & put a bed in there along with curtails for nights, he then spent the first 3 months touring both north & south islands, but soon rang out of cash.

It will be the best time of his life