Measuring toe

Buggybloke

Well, I recently fitted a new front rack to my buggy, and a replacement rack inner, on the rear, (as a Blitz uses the inside of a rack, at the rear as a means of locating the rear suspension). I used the centralising peg hole in the front rack, (small plastic bung), and got the steering wheel centralised on it's splines, fitted the track rods and measured from the chassis to the rims to get it all equalised, and repeated the same measuring process at the rear, (but without the centralising peg hole, as the outer casing is removed on the rear rack....), then I drove carefully to my local tyre bay, and got him to set the tracking at the front 1st, with the steering wheel in the straight-ahead position 1.5 degrees toe-in, then he swapped the tracking guages over, and set up the rear tracking, treating it as if it were the front, and set it the same -1.5 degrees toe in.... but if you can understand, this then means the rear wheels are now 1.5 degrees toe-out...they become parallel again when the car is under power,..... and there you go an accurately set up mini-based Blitz2 buggy, I'd imagine the method is the same for a freestyle too. With this set-up, I find the handling is awsome, and very predictable. Although I have to readjust the rear now, as I hit a hugely deep pot-hole in one of our delightful towns' roads, so now my n/s/r tyre is scuffing slightly, and wearing down the outer edge.