MGF ENGINE WIRING

Baloo

And how does a freestyle go with a k series in the back ?
I assume its a whole different ball game to an A series ?

Baloo

I only ask because i still have my blitz 2 that i have fitted the 1.8 vvc into and dident quite finish it and was thinking of digging it out and getting it going before the summer is gone

Phaeton

Staff member
Baloo":2a2hc5du said:
And how does a freestyle go with a k series in the back ?
I assume its a whole different ball game to an A series ?
Potted history, first road legal K series Freestyle was Steve2580 however Steve decided to lengthen the chassis to add the fuel tank in a cradle behind the seats but in front of the engine, no disrespect to Steve & he knows it I didn't like it, to me it made the Freestyle too long & lost it's character, he also mounted the radiator above the driver which is another don't like from me.

But Steve's attempt inspired me to do similar, so bought a MGF modified the rear of the frame, but leaving the fuel tank where it was & also had a front mounted radiator.

Much prefer the shorter stance, after running circles around Danny on a Wales trip, him screaming away from junctions trying to lose me & me having to throttle back so I don't run into the back of him he swapped over during the winter. He went a slightly different route & went with a TF so he didn't have the Hydrolastic suspension.

As to the driving experience, mine was great, 120bhp in a 475Kg frame, 5 gears, it was quick off the mark, after playing around a lot it handled, impressive MPG, it was quite refined, mine just needed stripping down & rebuilding, my only issue with the Freestyle now is the angled driving position, due to a bike crash 40+ years ago, I was getting hip pain on long journeys.

Baloo

thank you Allan, it all comes flooding back i remember most of that now, i agree freestyle looks odd when stretched, i would like a freestyle to tinker with if anyone has a project they want to sell ? failing that im going to dig out my blitz 2 and finish that

Phaeton

Staff member
Have a word with Danny, he still has one I think, he went through a mad stage of buying any that came along

Baloo

Ha ha ha
Beauty is the eye of the beholder dont you know.

I could just buy an old mgf and thrash that round i supose
????