My Trip eneded really before it began

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

I was heading down to somerset for the weekend then up to new quay in wales but unfortunately my buggy died.

I had done all the servicing and repairs including wheel arch bracket ect and on on the M4 the buggy was running a bit ropey and struggled to get over 85 but I continued on and the temperature rose up and eventually I decided it was time to pull over in to the hard shoulder and let the buggy tick over to cool down but then horror as the oil light came on so I killed the engine and hopped out and staright away I could see that there was oil absolutely everywhere so idecided that maybe i should call the RAC.

About 20 mins passed and the RAC turned up and he checked the oil and all was fine he said there was plenty in their he said start the engine which is what i did and the oil light was flicking on and off and he said the engine sounded harsh then he decided that the crank was knackered.

Luckily for us we had friends following down to somerset so we loaded their car with our luggage and I sent the buggy home on the back of a low loader.

I am however having a dilemma..... what should I do???

A) rebuild the engine and fit it and strip buggy completly down shot blast re powder coat and rebuild again

B) Buy a new chassis ect and completley rebuild buggy with new everything

C) rebuild buggy and do like trialling in it and build the Mojo which i have had my eye on for ages

D) sell buggy and build a Mojo

Anyway must go and carry on crying while i decide what to do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hope you all had a better week

Danny

D)

iank

Sorry to hear that sounds expensive

You missed
E) K series upgrade

Personally I'd go E, A (maybe just the engine unless powdercoat is flaking off) or C.

Under no circumstances do D :shock:

Danny

Administrator
I personally not bother bout the k series.

my powder coat is really bad and i was thinking of welding the wing mirrors extensions on and making the new pedal box ect.

Still not sure been reading about a mojo build today seeing as I am home early.

www.mymojo.co.uk

Danny

Danny

Administrator
dare I say it that while you guys are at donnington I am contemplating buying a lotus 7 type car.....

I know been to look at 2 today one was a robin hood which I was not really that keen on but the other was pretty awesome reasonable money too.

decided to keep buggy but have also decided I do need something to take care of my otherside which is the adrenalin rush I used to get driving exceptionally fast....and round bends.

So the hunt is still on.

Danny

PS how is donnington>??

wurzell

Sorry to hear about your 'A' Series Blow up Dan, they ALL do that eventually!! :shock:

If your looking to Rebuild or Repair your Motor, I have stacks of Mini and Metro Stuff, 'A' Series and 'A+'.......Also loads of 1300 Blocks , Cranks, Rods, Pistons, etc, etc.........Also COMPLETE 1300 Engines/Gearboxes, MG Metro, 1275GT, etc, from Complete A1 Runners down to Scrappers/Shi**ers, whatever parts you require, or whatever suits your budget!!

Contact me for further details........