National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh May 6/7th 2018

Danny

Administrator
My day saturday started with a server crash and so I had to fix that first :D

Headed to stoneleigh and the buggy was running at around 100 degrees which was quite warm but it kept itself fairly stable. On the motorway it handled everything great.. through the bends it was sketchy at best and was almost undrivable...

The show was busy and good on the outside but the stands were lacking but as always the company was great and the beer was flowing :D

Mets lots of people and chatted and mainly took the piss out of max :D SAY NO TO RENAULT!!!!

sat in a couple of Sylva Mojos and that maybe a none starter for me as I look over the screen rather than through it... I will see.

Steve pumped my tyres up as I had 6 psi in the fronts and I think 10 psi in the back... that might make a difference :D

I left the show in the raging heat with pumped up tyres and the handling was improved somewhat. While on the motorway the buggy was running hot and I soon realised the fans were on all the time...... hmmm 70mph winds was not enough to cool the buggy. I pulled over and pulled the front plate off and the buggy the ran at about 90 degrees and stayed fairly stable....

It was a bloody good weekend :D

ChaosMS

Yeah really enjoyed Sunday, great to see you guys again, felt like a slacker for not getting the buggy there - but spurred on by all the petrol fueled madness (and Danny's very dodgy stories ::) ) I was in the garage all day today building the new engine mounts which are starting to come together (And yes Alan I have drilled holes in them.... ;D )

I have to agree with you Danny the constructor stands were a little weak - and some of them (that other buggy manufacturer) were employing limpets to stop anyone from leaving their stand without signing up!! I couldn't get a word in edge-ways :eek: and some of the crapola she was talking was hilarious - top speed 140mph (not on those tires) and oh yes this will easily go through an IVA (not with those wheel arches!! and pointy bits!!)

Anyway as a wise man once said .. There's a funny story about that! ::) ;D :p

ChaosMS

Oh and Danny did you drive off the pitch, or given the shocking lack of steering lock, did you light the tires up and slide madly onto the road??????

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":j80dmy4e said:
Yeah really enjoyed Sunday, great to see you guys again, felt like a slacker for not getting the buggy there - but spurred on by all the petrol fueled madness (and Danny's very dodgy stories ::) ) I was in the garage all day today building the new engine mounts which are starting to come together (And yes Alan I have drilled holes in them.... ;D )

I have to agree with you Danny the constructor stands were a little weak - and some of them (that other buggy manufacturer) were employing limpets to stop anyone from leaving their stand without signing up!! I couldn't get a word in edge-ways :eek: and some of the crapola she was talking was hilarious - top speed 140mph (not on those tires) and oh yes this will easily go through an IVA (not with those wheel arches!! and pointy bits!!)

Anyway as a wise man once said .. There's a funny story about that! ::) ;D :p

so.... funny story :D :D :D :D :D

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":el20af7k said:
Oh and Danny did you drive off the pitch, or given the shocking lack of steering lock, did you light the tires up and slide madly onto the road??????

so, funny story....

Steve decided to put more air in my tyres.... 6 psi was not cutting it :D

I did leave the stand a little skew