New brakes and pipes

Boilerman

New brakes starting to go together, anyone else running the mini sport 8.5 discs and four pots ? Are they any good ?IMG_0056.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0054.JPG

250buggys

Copper brake lines look like hard work, I measured up and ordered black braided hoses throughout for mine. Can't wait to fit them.

Your suspension is looking good, what did you go for in the end?

owelly

Cunifer brake pipes are £12 for a roll and there's enough to do the entire buggy....Braided hoses are expensive by comparison and don't hold the 'feel' of solid pipes so should be kept to a minimum.

Boilerman

250buggys, the coilovers are from "Gaz" don't know if they are any good until I try them out and that won't be for quite a long time yet.

250buggys

Boilerman":128gie2h said:
250buggys, the coilovers are from "Gaz" don't know if they are any good until I try them out and that won't be for quite a long time yet.

Those brakes look fantastic and bet they will perform well, just had a look on the mini sport website to see how much they are and not far off what I paid for my buggy!

I have never been a massive fan of the Blitz but was searching the forum the other day and saw this which looks like fun.

ChristmasCardshot.jpg

Are you planning on putting your buggy on the road or just off road?

250buggys

Boilerman":vu9fiov5 said:
I'm planning on putting it through the dreaded IVA test and get it on the road.

That's good, will look forward to seeing your progress. Nice little project.

Phaeton

Staff member
They look wonderful, hopefully they aren't too powerful, I can lock up my fronts with the standard brakes, there's no weight on the front, my MOT tester just makes them lock up & ignores the numbers.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2j7qbvlr said:
They look wonderful, hopefully they aren't too powerful, I can lock up my fronts with the standard brakes, there's no weight on the front, my MOT tester just makes them lock up & ignores the numbers.

yup same as me :D