new engine cover

biddleboy

hi guys here is the new engine cover what do you all think if anybody is intrested just give us a pm or ring me 
DSCF0355.jpg
DSCF0350.jpg
DSCF0354.jpg
DSCF0353.jpg
DSCF0352.jpg

HolyCount

Looks good -- any chance of a bigger pic ( the old eyes aren't up to it  ::)  )

Have yet to clean up the mould I have for the bulbous rear end -- yours looks a lot neater.

Isn't it ever so slightly worrying when two blokes start comparing their rear ends !!!!!!

Mini Mad Max

I'm well pleased with mine! ;D I'ts just sitting on the top shelf waiting to be put on the car, when that is actually built. I have given myself a target to get it rolling and running by the end of summer. That's all the mechanicals, so not made pretty yet, and basic wiring put in so it moves.
Seeing everyones buggies, and being powerslided in alan's has made me realise that the buggy needs to be finished sooner rather than later  ;D
Max

biddleboy

hi max ime glad you are happy with the cover and i take it you have really got the freestyle bug now that you been  been in one look forward to seeing you at many more shows dont forget to keep us all posted on your progress over the summer

Mini Mad Max

Funny you should say that, i'm about to update my buggy build diary, only been doing more engine rebuild and 5p tweeks today. I have prepared my head now to have the valve guides removed so i can continue grinding in the ports where valuable flow is lost, i have even made a little punch to push them out with, using a hydraulic press :D Then i will get it taken for 3 angle valve seats and the head to be skimmed to get the right compression ratio. Then i will add some performance valves and some 1.5:1 roller rockers, then she can be put on the block and literally dropped into the subframe.
Sunday was great, thanks to everyone who put up with mine and my dads questions, and thanks to everyone who fueled me with more bits, and kindly took money ;D And also finally, thanks to alan and you (steve) for giving my little lifts to my car at the campsite ;)
Max
PS. steve, did that program work alright on the memory stick?

biddleboy

yes max thanks its worked fine they look really good once again thanks max and wen we meet again instead of a lift you can drive your self  :Cheers

Mini Mad Max

Yay ;D One thing i did notice was that i forgot to put a cut out for the steering rack on the outer panels, although i did make a plain sheet so you could make the cut outs yourself like you have done on your buggy. Also if any panels don't fit straight away, they might need fraqctional shaving. I'm pretty sure that they will be fine due to the hour of checking before i sent them lol :D
I look forward to seeing you at the next event ;D
Max