Newbie with a Joyner Python 800i

SteveH

Hi all,
New member here, I'm glad I found this site as there doesn't seem to much else out there.

OK so A couple of Days ago I took delivery of a Joyner (Python) 800i in Kit form, and have made a start in putting it all together, there a few bits missing but I am sure that the Supper will sort that, and its clear that the Chinese don't have a word/phrase for 'High tensile steel', the nearest appears to be 'Chocolate', so I am going to replace all of the Running gear Bolts with Decent Hi tensile Bolts, and Loctite them in place.
Over all though it looks like it going to be straight forward enough - but I've probably just jinxed it.

What I cant find on 'Tinterweb is much in the way of info on events and meets, I am based on the New forest side of Southampton, but it on road action only around here, as off road driving is strictly banned on the Forest- -Shame.

..So I will try and post up a few Pics of the build as it progresses... I had every intension of setting up a time lapse cam, and doing a full build Video, but typically my enthusiasm got the better of me, and I ripped into ion Sunday, and all the big lumps are already assembled, only as I was putting the tools away by Torchlight did I consider taking some Photos.

Cheers Dudes,

Steve H

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome Steve, we don't have many Joyners on here, it's not through the lack of trying, we are all mainly Freestyle owners, but we're a fairly friendly bunch & will help where we can. Due to the demise of the Kitcar industry we seem to only now get together twice a year. Once at just about the only Kitcar show Stoneleigh 1st weekend in May & then we have an annual blast around Wales in late July usually about 4 days. You are welcome to turn up at either, neither or both.

Alan..

SteveH

Thanks Alan,
I can see from the various Photos and Youtube vid's on the web that there are plenty of UK Owners of Joiner Type Buggies out there, but I cant find much at all on any kind of owners club/Forums etc- which are usually such a rich source of info.
Maybe I will put up a post up 'calling all joiner owners' if that's OK.

I wonder if its because many get sold to Corporate event type organisers ?

Phaeton

Staff member
Yep there is plenty in the country judging by the number that come up on Fleecebay, by all means put up a post, as to your own, how about setting it up in the Projects, we like to have one for the build & one for the discussion, but it doesn't always work out.

We have talked in the past about having different sub sections for each type of buggy, if we had the traffic I'm sure we would, but until that happens it's probably better all together

SteveH

I see you've got a K in your buggy, I'm a big fan of the K.... Many years ago now I had a totally awsome S1 Elise that I had a DVA power conversion (VHPD HEAD, Emerald ECU, manifold, jenvy DTH throttle bodied, Omega forged pistons and after a rolling

SteveH

PostTue Feb 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Damn iPhones....
I see you've got a K in your buggy, I'm a big fan of the K.... Many years ago now I had a totally awsome S1 Elise that I had a DVA power conversion (VHPD HEAD, Emerald ECU, manifold, jenvy DTH throttle bodied, Omega forged, pistons, cams, vernier pulleys a quick and dirty port and other cool parts that I have probably forgotten about) and after a rolling road session with Dave Walker ( Emerald)
We broke the Magic 200 BHP and actually had a reliable 205 and 145 ft/Lb.... What a beast that was-- happy days indeed.

Danny

Administrator
Lol yup I have k in mine as well ;-)

These are fast enough for sure :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk