Nice quote for me....

Phaeton

Staff member
HOW MUCH!! Mind you, you are a bit of a risk, mine was £86, but then I am old & decrepit, on the original quote, they added £15 legal, took that off, £24 breakdown cover, took that off, £6 document fee, took that off, they rnag me & said ok to legal & breakdown, but I still had to pay document charge. I told them 'Thank you very much for your quote, I'll have to ring a few other brokers up to get other quotes' They rang back 15 minutes later saying I could have it without paying the £6, might only be £6 but better off in my pocket than theirs.

Alan...

Radar

and for these princely sums are you Fully comp ? 3rd party ? agreed value ? or just low value ie what they think it would have been worth if you lose it or its a write off ??

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Can't speak for Danny but mine is agreed value of £3.5K fully comp, self rebuild.

Alan...

jason_l

Mine was same again with agreed value, but my quote was £188 for the Freestyle GT  ;D Couldn't complain with that to be honest although i may get it cheaper still as that was only 1 quote!

Buggybloke

:mad: I've just had a renwal quote in, for my 1275cc Blitz 2, of 2007 vintage.... I'm 42, and a local government/council employee (I drive 26 ton dustcarts!), buggy is chained to house porch brick pillar, on driveway over night, and blocked in by partners car. I use it all year for S.D.P. and commuting, as my only car. The 1st year had mileage limit of 5000miles, and premium was £185.00, Fully Comp ....shock, horror,..... the same company now want £266!!!!!

Can someone recommend a reliable Insurance Company who'll better this ridiculous quote? :-\

Buggybloke

..... and ideally I'd like unlimited mileage....... 5000 is pitifully low..... buggy is way too much fun to limit it's miles!!!! :-\

Phaeton

Staff member
Mines via Graham Sykes, if you can't find the number, I'll dig it out tomorrow night.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Just had to fork out insurance on Gerty's new car, never paid as much £550 I nearly sold the sodding thing.

Alan...

Buggybloke

Fully Comp, on my Blitz2 1275cc, Stage 1 tune, 5000miles, Legal Cover, Full AA Roadside Assistance/Recovery + Homestart, kept on drive, padlocked to porch, I'm 42,...... how much? £225....... BARGAIN,........ From 'Peter Best Insurance',...... I found them in a Total Off-Road Magasine....