Northern Buggy Run

ChaosMS

Guys,

I have been thinking about some sort of buggy outing in the north not sure where yet but could involve the lakes area, what do you think? would anybody be interested?

Granted all of your buggy's are probably faster than mine so i would be bringing up the rear most of the time - would we also need to keep it to roads only or are people happy for some muddy stuff?

Just an idea

Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
What year are you thinking about Rich, just wondering if Max will want to bring the wife & kids with him :)

I'm up for a Northern run, unfortunately Mr Bumble is a road queen now, so he has to have tarmac beneath his tyres, unless it's just rough & not ROUGH. He's currently in a state of disrepair but I'm presuming your meaning next year now anyway?

Alan..

ChaosMS

Hi Alan, a few years off probably Max's machine might need lifting gear to get him in after the hip replacement surgery etc - i would expect his kids would have grown up and left home though by then so just the two of them ... ha ha ;D Sorry Max, I can get away with it now as I've finished mine :D :D :D :D

Yeah Alan I was thinking next year now probably as the little bit of good weather is almost gone!! as for Mr Bumble and tarmac I thought that might be the case so would need to plan tarmac or good tracks to ensure no damage to the buggies - Youll just have to wait for me at key points along the way i think as mine isnt so fast or the tarmac ;)

Okay well I'll start looking, there are a few custom and classic shows around too so ill see if we can build a group meeting into one of those (I got the organisers name and details a couple of weeks ago from another petrol head

Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
Would be good if it were June as a replacement for Newark, we have Stoneleigh at beginning of May & Wales at end of July something in June would fit if possible.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Mini Mad Max

The buggy is still a decade or so off completion ;) However, my Dad got tired of waiting to drive something fun (the buggy) and so bought something to scratch an itch. I'm sure we could keep up with you lot if you did come up this way!

Danny

Administrator
I am up for this :) it's a long way for me but I may cheat by then ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mini Mad Max

One road I did this weekend that we really ought to do is from Penrith (the good bit starts at melmerby) to Alston to Middleton-in-teesdale to Brough. The road on the top of the Pennines was so quiet even in the middle of the day!

ChaosMS

oh yeah that does sound good ill have to take the buggy over that one, I was going to be coming over towards Penrith this weekend Max but the buggy died on the drive just before we set off, looks like the ignition system again and could be the same issue (the Ignitor just before the coil) have another on its way to me but need to work out why its blowing them (they are all second hand parts though not new)

Mini Mad Max

I'm about for just this week then heading back to uni for final year. I could pop down to catch up if the buggy is ill?

ChaosMS

Danny, we have a spare room mate you'll be ok !! you can come up North crash here then we all head out

I may add Max has challenged me to swap the engine out for a bigger unit prior to this so that should be fun - she is running fine now combination of heat and a bad earth i think (Too much paint and rubber everywhere)

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":1cgobztm said:
Danny, we have a spare room mate you'll be ok !! you can come up North crash here then we all head out

I may add Max has challenged me to swap the engine out for a bigger unit prior to this so that should be fun - she is running fine now combination of heat and a bad earth i think (Too much paint and rubber everywhere)

Mini Mad Max

I'll come along in whatever as long as it's after June 18th (Finish my degree) and not between July 18th - 21st (Graduate). Queue Alan to say something about mine being unfinished... ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":20fu1kn6 said:
Queue Alan to say something about mine being unfinished... ;)
ME!!! why you picking on me, Mods! Mods! Max is picking on me, Oops I'm the Mod, mmmm But I would be right ;D ;D ;D ;D

Radar

damn disgrace Alan sue the blighter for defaming your unblemished record on this ..we all heard him accuse you
cheeky monkey

Radar !

ChaosMS

ha ha poor Max!!!

Alan - yeah this is still on - just need to do some research on where and exactly when

Rich