Over heating

robcoles

Ok so after spending a few hours stripping the engine things are worse than I'd thought.
Piston is blown leaving me in need of an engine re-build or a replacement.
If I can find a 1275cc at the rite price I think I will take that route.
I was given a spare 1275 by the seller but it looks like it's been stood for many years.

Danny

Administrator
Hmmmm that sucks.... I have a 1340 but has an issue where oil goes somewhere...

I would be contacting the seller

robcoles

Had a busy day today ...... 1st me and my mate(jeff) stripped head off thinking it was just a head gasket blown to find this.

So spent the rest of the day dropping engine out.

I've contacted seller who said he has the original short block for the engine as he only fitted head & turbo to the existing engine. It comes with new crank bearings & piston rings.

Plan is now engine is out to get some new paint on the buggy before putting it all back together.
Oh well I was looking for a buggy to jump in & drive but I've got myself a project.

robcoles

Not sure whats happened to my images.

I would appreciate one of those fans Alan :)
Let me no what you want for it & I can pm you my address
Cheers

Phaeton

Staff member
Fans are free just cover the postage but it might be Monday before I can send them. I've the MR2 to prepare tomorrow night for a hill climb on Thursday, then Friday fetching a Celica which has head gasket gone well that's all I hope it's wrong with it. Send me a PM with your address

robcoles

Phaeton":2afivt7d said:
Fans are free just cover the postage but it might be Monday before I can send them. I've the MR2 to prepare tomorrow night for a hill climb on Thursday, then Friday fetching a Celica which has head gasket gone well that's all I hope it's wrong with it. Send me a PM with your address

Pm sent
Thanks

Phaeton

Staff member
robcoles":2xn5td4k said:
I've contacted seller who said he has the original short block for the engine as he only fitted head & turbo to the existing engine. It comes with new crank bearings & piston rings.

Missed this bit hidden in the middle of the pictures, if he only changed the head then chances are it was running the same compression hence why it blew the piston away

More worryingly where is the back (or front depending how you look at it) of the subframe, does it have a bolt out piece?

robcoles

Yes it has a bolt out piece.
That piece is in the paint shop for a match as I'm having a few cans of yellow made
Up. Now the buggy is I pieces it's the perfect time to get it looking tidy.
Fiberglass panels will also be getting treated to some new paint