Phaeton Does it Again

hmalan

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Alan (Phaeton) for his help in getting the buggy SVA'd.

Due to work commitments and holidays I was unable to take it myself.

Alan took it for its test, came over to mine on saturday to help with the issues it failed on, and returned it back for its retest today.

I am pleased to say that with his help I now have a 'MAC'

So once again Alan many thanks

Phaeton

Staff member
Thank you for that Alan, I would also like to congratulate you on going down to the DVLA & coming out 45 minutes later with a registered Buggy & a piece of paper to get a set of plates.

Alan...

iank

What's the secret for the DVLA? a rabid pitbull on a bit of string and a 12 gauge shotgun?

Congrats on the MAC BTW

hmalan

A smart suit and that little boy lost look !!!

In reality it happened as follows:

Arrived and took a ticket that said waiiting time 1 hour.

Helpful lady walking around in waiting area asking if anyone needed any help completing their forms, said yes I don't even know which form I need.

She proceeded to obtain form and fill it in on my behalf, then said take this and your paperwork to the window when your number is called.

Within 10 minutes my number was called, said to attractive young lady I want to register my kit car, to which she replied I have never done that I will go and get some help.

Came back and told me to wait at the back of the room and an inspector would come and see me.

Within 2 minutes he called me over and asked me what plate I was hoping to get, said I didn't care as long as I got one.

He said if you are happy to have a Q plate I can sort it out now on the basis of what you have provided without having to inspect the car, I had taken photo's of the engine and chassis numbers - both close ups and further back showing where they were located on the car. I said how long and he replied 10 minutes so I said I'll have a Q.

5 minutes later he came out and said don't rejoin the queue I have told her you are coming back go straight to the front.

Did this and received my tax disc and number plate form and walked out in under 40 minutes.