Phaeton Robin Hood 2B4 Discussion Thread

250buggys

Good luck with the sale Alan, just keeps raining here. I bought a bimini top for my 7, hopefully will keep the light rain off the seats in the car park at work and makes it a bit more usable during the year.

How many miles did you do in the RH over the BH weekend?

250buggys

Phaeton":67wokiyu said:
Yep already sold, taking it to Milton Keynes tomorrow morning.

That was quick, must have been too cheap! Could have got a bit more for it.

What have you got planned for your next project?

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":2n6s3dmh said:
That was quick, must have been too cheap! Could have got a bit more for it.

What have you got planned for your next project?
Probably but it paid for my time I spent on it, as to next not 100% sure again, if Andy had the MGF buggy welded up then I'd be looking at that route, there's a guy selling a Sylva R1ot which I quite fancy but the starting point is high he wanted £4.5k with kit & engine, but it still needs a diff, a reverse & driveshafts, which has got to be another £1500, then IVA. He's now selling the kit separate from the engine for £2k & £1850 respectively but still needs all the other bits. There's also a Mev Mevster uncompleted kit, rolling chassis engine & box installed, claims 80% done for £3k. Quite fancy that as well, but he says he hasn't the V5C for a the MX5 which is a bit of a worry as to where it came from.

Does anyone know if the VIN number is stamped into the skeleton of the chassis of the MX5 or just on the bulkhead? So I can see if I could apply for the V5C otherwise it means to get an age related plate I'd need to buy another MX5 to swap the engine over on paper at least.