Photobucket Almighty F**K Up

Phaeton

Staff member
All my images across all the forums have now all disappeared Photofuckupbucket have now decided that you cannot link to other websites "We have noticed that you have been using Photobucket for 3rd Party Hosting." So we need another server & I have to try to get my 1000+ images

owelly

...or you pay them.....
Holding folks images to ransom seems a bit heavy handed and will cause folks to go elsewhere. If they're just asked for a few quid, instead of the £399 (or whatever it is) then folks would just stump up out of laziness.

Danny

Administrator
owelly":2s5kllmw said:
...or you pay them.....
Holding folks images to ransom seems a bit heavy handed and will cause folks to go elsewhere. If they're just asked for a few quid, instead of the £399 (or whatever it is) then folks would just stump up out of laziness.

exactly

Radar

Ha ha ha , get used to this, more of it is coming ....people are lulled into thinking the internet and it's many services are "Free" ...errr nope you pay in ways most people do not even realise and not just monetarily the ways of blackmailing or getting money out of people who use their Free services has only just started ..in the case of Photobucket the inconvenience of moving etc 1000 s or 10s of 000 of images will be to inconvenient for to many people so they will pay not migrate ..well a small percentage like Alan will go as he is unusually careful with his money ! and would move on principle

These companies depend on laziness or inconvenience to retain their free customers and it works so well on the net for most things that's why they then begin to charge ...as an example of the business model look at banks , it's quite straight forward to change banks these days ...and yet despite crap service and disfatisfaction with the service we customers receive , it appears the average Uk citizen gets divorced MORE TIMES than they change bank accounts !! and changing bank accounts does NOT leave you poorer than when you started the process ...go figure ...

Mini Mad Max

I was going to print out my build diary this morning as a copy. When I checked last night all the pictures were still linked. Beer and bed prevented me from getting it done last night. Now they're all gone so I will have to go through figuring out which picture went where. Total ball ache.

Queue Alan to say "there was nothing to print" ;D Future Alan is right, thank goodness it wasn't up to date or I would have lost a lot more..... ;)

Boilerman

How have people got around this problem ? Is there another way of getting your photos on the forum ? I've just noticed that all my photos have been blanked out by photobucket

Danny

Administrator
Boilerman":9oa2tpav said:
How have people got around this problem ? Is there another way of getting your photos on the forum ? I've just noticed that all my photos have been blanked out by photobucket

The photos i have got survived are the ones I use tapatalk to upload and on my other forum we load them directly to the site

Phaeton

Staff member
I've tediously removed all my photo's from PB & closed my account, which is probably what they were after ll along, I now have all the images hosted on my own NAS box which I can lonk to any site, but it's too much of a hassle to go through every post & link in the new image, when I don't even know what the image was :(

ChaosMS

I host my own photo's similar to you Alan, got sick of the free services changing policies all the time so a long time ago I bought a hosting package from a company called UnitedHosting, I host all my domains there (3 of them) with websites email servers and storage etc that way i can control everything and update what i want when I want - they have been really good never had the inclination to move from them.

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":3w553kv2 said:
I host my own photo's similar to you Alan, got sick of the free services changing policies all the time so a long time ago I bought a hosting package from a company called UnitedHosting, I host all my domains there (3 of them) with websites email servers and storage etc that way i can control everything and update what i want when I want - they have been really good never had the inclination to move from them.

yup thats what i do now as well :D

wagon_1.0

Hi Guys - a plaster if you use chrome browser....

From here:
http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.php?8 ... post782893

Just spotted this fix for Photobucket forum issues (posted on Edition 38 ). Only works with Chrome browser. I've just tried it and it works (for now) :

For those that use Google chrome browser and use several forums, all of which will be plagued by this but few will have this fix in place, I have a extra little helper.

This works by adding ~original to the end of each photobucket url.
God knows how long until PB cotton on and stop it working but a good temporary fix atm.

Download this Google chrome extension : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog

Install and make sure it is enabled.

In it's options in the JavaScript box enter:

$(document).ready(function () {
$('img').each(function () {
var img = $(this);
var imgsrc = img.attr('src');
if (imgsrc.indexOf("photobucket.com") !== -1) {
img.attr("src", imgsrc + "~original");
}
});
});

And hay presto at least for now any site you visit with broken photobucket pics will be restored