please please help my tyres keep coming off

swifthalf

hi i have just got a blitz 2 and had my first chance to try it today but there is a problem the wheels on it are mg metro and tyres are 12 inch grass track tyres that are great when used on the hard stuff but my buggy is going to be off road only .What is happening is that as soon as you corner off road at a bit off speed the rear tyres are coming off the rims this a complete pain in the ass as the buggy was brought for off road so spent today on ebay trying to find rims and tyres that would fit on mini disc hubs and this is not possable so i would like to know how others have coped with this problem .when i was looking to buy the buggy did look at another buggy that had atv quad type rims on it big n wide so prosumed that to do this was not a problem so i know it is possable please please help cheers matt

swifthalf

could my toe n heal or camber be wrong would this pull the tyre off or could it be that the metro rims are metric size and the tyres are imperial as a mate has said that some metros had runflats on that are metric so the wheels are not exactly 12 inch but just a  bit smaller and when these wheels are fitted with standered 12 inch tyres that these used to come of the rims could i have these wheels if so what 12 inch wheels steels or alloy fit on my hubs

jim600

If it were me, I'd buy a set of 4 weller 10x6 wheels off ebay - likely to be around 50 quid for a used set. And then a set of quad bike tyres - 23x7x10 and 23x10x10 (or similar just make sure they end in 10) Should be able to get a used set for around 50-70 quid. So 100 pounds all in and you'll get much better traction, must stronger beads and nice thick wheels.

If you wanted to stick with 12" rims (or need to) you will just find quadbike tyres are a bit more expensive. But again any 12x5 - 12x7 mini steel rims are your best bet depending on pcd/bore.

I ran 10x6 wellers with 24" Kenda quad tyres on my blitz2 and never had a problem.

EDIT: just to add, read the post below, and hadnt noticed you were running metro hubs instead of mini hubs. I'd still go with atv tyres.

herman

Swifthalf can you post a pic of your wheels?
Your mate is right, some Metros ran what is known as a TDX tyre which was metric but i need a pic to see what you have.
If it is the old MG metro alloy it is more than likely to be metro.
Is it Metro hubs on your buggy with the large centre flange. (Pic of this would be good too).
If so to fit any Mini wheel you will need to grind the flange of to allow the wheel centre to fit properly!

Cheers Herman

swifthalf

ok will post pics tommorrow but i managed to get some 12 inch steels to try 20 quid for the 4 so im going to try them but will still post pics cheers mate fingers crossed this will do till i can muster some more cash for more suited weels for off road