Quadzilla RL 300 newbie, advice needed please.

Rigid Collision

Hi guys,
Just bought a Quadzilla RL300. It's been sat in a barn for a few years so I am giving it a full service prior to use this summer.
My background is general engineering with some old skool 'A' series Mini engine building, so I am mechanically minded and know my way around an engine, although motor bike and cvt transmission is new to me. Anyway, firstly, the buggy runs and drives ok!

I have several questions from a ATV/Buggy newbie:

The buggy uses a 300cc XD178MN Chinese engine with a CVT drive. This particular engine is used by various ATV/QUAD/Buggly manufacturers During initial pulling away there is a whine/vibration that disappears as soon as the clutch is fully enguaged. I am assuming that the CVT needs a damn good service. Does anyone have an insight as to what might be causing the noise and also (and more importantly) what clutch is being used. All I know is it has six weights. An idea of the clutch would at least give me some options for where to buy springs, linings, belt etc.

What service items take priority? Assuming an oil, filter and plug change is standard, where do I go from there?

Any idea how I can identify the carb so I can begin cleaning, adjusting and tuning it up (if needed).

Are there any pitfalls the newbie should know about when working on a engine and transmission of this type. Aside from stripping threads and loosing bits.

All help and advice greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Kind regards

P.S. I am also after manuals and service documentatio if anyone has anything for the engine, even if it for another make/model of buggy.

250buggys

I was nearly tempted by the RL500 but the CVT put me off. It was that or a Joyner 650, luckily for me a freestyle came along as this buggy is sooo much better.

I had a 250 Chinese buggy previously and that was a rip off of a Honda engine in that.

RE manuals, there is plenty out there it is just a matter of trawling the net.

Good luck with your purchase, would be good to add some pics if you get a chance.