Road reg Freestyle for sale

Gef

I bought this ABS Freestyle without viewing 2 days ago and found that at 65 i cant get in/out, so its for sale again, rather a disappointment to put it mildly. It was registered in 2003 as a historic vehicle (see 'ebay alerts' 'historic vehicle, yeah right' for peoples thoughts and pics) and has been driven for years with that status.
The v5 says its 998cc, the engine number tag looks to show a 1275 but its not very clear and i cant get a good view. It is up n running but the (dual circuit) brakes badly need bleeding, i was planning to go over the whole thing anyway for safety and peace of mind. It has 13in wheels with Yokohama tyres, 175 front 185 rear, discs all round.
There isnt a great deal else i can say since obviously ive not used it.
I would like to recoup the cost so will say offers around £3000, but feel i probably paid too much. Should anyone be interested please message me with an email address, i know how to put photos on that.
Thanks gef

Phaeton

Staff member
Good luck with your sale Gef, might help if you advise where you are, I'd make you an offer but you'd be insulted as you'd be taking a bath on it.

250buggys

I would probably put it back on eBay, as it had 91 watchers it had a lot of visits.

Put it on as a classified listing otherwise eBay will want 12.8% of the final value.

Getting rid of those fibreglass seats and putting some classic mini vinyl seats in will make it more comfy to drive.

Gef

Hi. Ive just realised where ive seen this, its jamriggsys (?) hillclimber advertised on this forum July '19 and getting a bit out of shape in a youtube video. Different wheels and 'bonnet'. A bit more research on my part would have been good, not to mention checking if i fitted...
We all complain about ebay but it does sell stuff, im not registered but have asked a mate if he will put on an advert for me.
It is on Gumtree with some photos. And yes, different seats would improve it. gef

Gef

Hi, ive not been swamped with interest so will now say £2500. There are photos on Gumtree but the ad seems hard to find, i will try to redo it. Or email me- [email protected]
Thanks, gef

Phaeton

Staff member
Uset the terms, Freestyle, Funbuggies, ABS, Offroader, Buggy in the title don't worry if it doesn't make sense.

250buggys

I paid £1800 plus a Brian James trailer for mine and sold the trailer for half that.

At 2500 it may not do much but you never know as right time of year.

alfred

I bought this ABS Freestyle without viewing 2 days ago and found that at 65 i cant get in/out, so its for sale again, rather a disappointment to put it mildly. It was registered in 2003 as a historic vehicle (see 'ebay alerts' 'historic vehicle, yeah right' for peoples thoughts and pics) and has been driven for years with that status.
The v5 says its 998cc, the engine number tag looks to show a 1275 but its not very clear and i cant get a good view. It is up n running but the (dual circuit) brakes badly need bleeding, i was planning to go over the whole thing anyway for safety and peace of mind. It has 13in wheels with Yokohama tyres, 175 front 185 rear, discs all round.
There isnt a great deal else i can say since obviously ive not used it.
I would like to recoup the cost so will say offers around £3000, but feel i probably paid too much. Should anyone be interested please message me with an email address, i know how to put photos on that.
Thanks gef
hello is it still for sale, sent me some pictures. fr. regards Alfred [email protected]