Rocker Cover

Danny

Administrator
So i bought a nice shiny rocker box and asked prior if would fit with my high lift rollers... they said yep...

Fitted it today and although it looked smart... the rockers hit the cover... and worst of all I cant remeber where I bought the cover from.... FFS

Mini Mad Max

I had this problem... We both have the minispares purple hi lift rockers right?? I just took it off and used a die grinder to waste away a bit of material off the inside where the witness marks were! Also whilst the engine is running, loosen the cover bolts off and then pull on the cover towards the back of the buggy, if the noise ceases then you know that its the backward facing side you need to grind a bit off. Also make sure its pulled as far back as possible when you tighten up the bolts. That's what i did and they stopped knocking :)
Max

Danny

Administrator
I did what you said :) I wasted away a lot of the cover with agrinder and got it to fit :)

The oil is from where the old rocker box seal had shit itself.. after driving 20 miles and with a strong smell of oil I realised it was leaking everywhere :)

Danny

Administrator
The wrst bit was the guides for the cork gasket there was 4 ridges so just got rid of them :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Danny

Administrator
Just need a stainless water reservoir now.....

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Danny

Administrator
Yeah I know.... I think I am going to buy some silicone hoses next... after the reservoir :)