Santa Pod Kitfest Fri 14th to Sun 16th June 2019

Danny

Administrator
Anybody up for this?

I am hoping to do it... another long drive for me but whatever :D

Coppertop

How do,

I made it to Kitfest at Santa Pod on Saturday and there wasn’t much to see. When asking about tickets at the gate the lady didn’t even know it was on and was only aware of the Retro meet on the Sunday and it was run what you brung on the Saturday. Mainly Cateram style kits but lots of drag bikes and cars that were wanting to test themselves on the strip so not an entirely wasted journey. (Won’t be doing it again though)

Phaeton

Staff member
Such a shame as we need another show, but I suspect the weather put most people off

Danny

Administrator
Coppertop":1ysgvpvx said:
How do,

I made it to Kitfest at Santa Pod on Saturday and there wasn’t much to see. When asking about tickets at the gate the lady didn’t even know it was on and was only aware of the Retro meet on the Sunday and it was run what you brung on the Saturday. Mainly Cateram style kits but lots of drag bikes and cars that were wanting to test themselves on the strip so not an entirely wasted journey. (Won’t be doing it again though)

Ah thats not good... from what i saw on facebook lots of people where talking about it before but have not seen anything since....

We do need another show though...

We do have the wales trip this year though

Coppertop

Indeed. There was potential but not much in the way of facilities. There was camping and quite a large paddock/pit area but it’s not a ‘show ground’ like Stoneleigh, it’s a drag strip and that’s what it’s set up for.

Phaeton

Staff member
We did Mini in the park there 12 years ago (guess) not sure they ever went back it was just a mud pit, to say it's an International venue for drag racing it's to me an embarrassment

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":w8z8oee6 said:
We did Mini in the park there 12 years ago (guess) not sure they ever went back it was just a mud pit, to say it's an International venue for drag racing it's to me an embarrassment

Ah the same year I got kicked out and then came back in again.....

That was a muddy year that was... drunken muddy year