Stoneleigh kit show

Steve

Typical
Cars been running fine for ages, went to fill up with petrol tonight and on the way it broke down. May be due to no fuel (it was low put I didn't think it was that low), but even when putting new fuel in, it still would not start. Cleaned the carb' out just in case it sucked up some muck but still no luck.
Anyone any ideas.
Symptoms.
If I leave for a while it will start, but as soon as I accelerate it cuts out?????????????????

Phaeton

Staff member
Not good on A series engines or carbs but if it was running okay before then I would suggest that it's still a fuel blockage. If you get it to run & pull out the choke will it then rev? Just thinking this my suggest starvation.

Alan...

esdebe

What carb have you got? This sounds like the problem I had on the way to Newark last year (the oposite of Alans Problem now) with tis a stuck float needle in the off position.

I had to replace the needle and seat and then everything was fine. But it could be just down to stale fuel or some other fuel blockage. I would remove the needle from the float chanber, clean it, empty the chamber, poor in some fresh petrol and then see if all is well.