Subframe tower bolts

gordy p

Right I picked up a frame this weekend, from a very nice chap, who let me have it for a very nice price. It's had some extra bracing put into it, and for some reason apears to have been cut a shut here and there, with some of the worst welding I've ever seen - so got to sort that out - but that's another story!
Anyway my question is, the subframe tower mounting bolts. Obviously you can't use the mini ones as they're too long because they go through the bulk head on a mini. So what bolts and where do I get the from?
Cheers
Gordy

Phaeton

Staff member
Gordy,

THE LACK OF PICTURES IS WORRYING  ;D

Good to see another has been saved, not sure on bolt size & unfortunately do not have time before Stoneleigh to find out, just had a look at the build manual & all it says use bolts supplied. They will be available from a local bolt try yell.com if you have a 'normal' tower bolt just take that with you & tell them that's the thread, you want a bolt just a bit longer than the existing thread & a washer for each side.

Alan...

jason_l

Gordy i may have the bolts still lying about somewhere.

If you have seen my build thread then you will know mine is completely different and i have a fully welded rear section. Needless to say i won't be needing the bolts that where removed. I think i may still have them lying about somewhere and your welcome to them if i have them.

Are you going to Stoneleigh this week coming? If i can fish them out i will bring them with me.

Jason :D