SVA re-test

RichardG

Time to book the re-test :D

New handbrake cable arrived today and is now fitted.

Going to re-set the suspension toe in etc tomorrow to fix the self centring.

Hope they can fit me in at short notice. :p :p

Richard

MattBlack

Me and Alan bagged the self centering thing by going OTT with the camber.. just under 20mm difference between top and bottom..

You'd never run with that much (although i did drive home from Alans without changing it ) but it self centered like a dream.

RichardG

Just made the call - SVA re-test booked for this Friday at 1pm.

Assuming it will pass this time and will only take 10 minutes so I plan to visit DVLA Worcester on the way home and start the registration process. Will stand in queue for ages but will get them to confirm exactly what they need and will also book appointment for the inspector to check the chasis numbers etc.

Hope to be road legal in time for Donnington :D

Richard

RichardG

Self centring is now sorted.

A little negative camber, a little toe out, lengthened the tie bars to increase castor and lowered the tyre pressures. Made all the changes in one go and then took the buggy to a car park for a quick test. Not sure which adjustment made the most differrence but it worked. :D

Thanks for the advise.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
Well come on let's be knowing it was an hour & ten minutes ago!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan...

RichardG

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pass

Took less than 10 minutes - very pleased.

Went straight to Worcester to start the registration.

Well I will have to eat my hat - they confirmed no MOT required :shock: :shock: .

So DVLA inspection booked for Aug 30th and all I need to produce on the day is Insurance Certificate, Payment and Buggy with correct VIN numbers. If I want an age related plate they want proof that the chasis was NEW or I will get a Q plate.

Matt is very pleased - he is having a good week - he got an A grade in the A/S level he sat. Just waiting for his GCSE results next week.

HOOORAY !!

Phaeton

Staff member
Congratulations Well done

If I want an age related plate they want proof that the chasis was NEW
Have you not got a invoice from Dave? If not send me an email & I will forward you mine that you can edit.

Alan...

RichardG

Thanks all - really looking forward to taking it out for a proper run. Matt is determined that we are going to get it VERY muddy first time out !

Spent this evening making the wind deflector to go on the front and have got the insurance sorted, £114 with Roadsure.

As I have a week or so before the DVLA inspection also planning on fitting the additional small radiator and electric fan so the we don't have any cooling problems.

Richard