Sylva Mojo Build Discussion Threads

Phaeton

Staff member
Getting the engine in the frame is the easy bit, getting the driveshafts lined up & then made up will be harder

Baloo

I agree making driveshafts is a real pain in the ass, what engine is now ? pug ?
cant you get a hot pug engine 1.9 gti or 306 gti6 or dident they do a sporty 405 with a 16v engine ?

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1za49xk2 said:
Getting the engine in the frame is the easy bit, getting the driveshafts lined up & then made up will be harder

you see the driveshafts will be fine as my mate is a precision engineer and I am plastering a few bits in his house in exchange for some driveshafts :D

Danny

Administrator
Baloo":382whrgs said:
I agree making driveshafts is a real pain in the ass, what engine is now ? pug ?
cant you get a hot pug engine 1.9 gti or 306 gti6 or dident they do a sporty 405 with a 16v engine ?

yes its a 1.1 pug engine.... I can get a 1600 engine from a 106 gti or a saxo Vts but they are like rocking horse poo and frankly a little bit shit

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":3bop0307 said:
yes its a 1.1 pug engine.... I can get a 1600 engine from a 106 gti or a saxo Vts but they are like rocking horse poo and frankly a little bit shit
Bollocks they are a great little engine, you could try getting an M16 but if a VTS is like Rocking horse poo, then a M16 is like Dragon poo. The 406 had a 2.0L Turbo variant along with a V6 which are plentiful

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2s917uma said:
Danny":2s917uma said:
Bollocks they are a great little engine, you could try getting an M16 but if a VTS is like Rocking horse poo, then a M16 is like Dragon poo. The 406 had a 2.0L Turbo variant along with a V6 which are plentiful

or I can buy a brand new ford lump for a grand....

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":2s9gsb4r said:
or I can buy a brand new ford lump for a grand....
But then you'll have to admit you fitted a Ford engine ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh the shame

wagon_1.0

106GTI engine is awesome! Not sure what happened to the old 106 GTI / VTS - used to be loads around.

I'm sure the lads on teh caddy forum would help me with engine dimensions if i ask. I had VR6 dimensions....

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon_1.0":127n03cg said:
106GTI engine is awesome! Not sure what happened to the old 106 GTI / VTS - used to be loads around.
See Danny not just me who rates them, although they are starting to get like RH poo

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":1tagdiuv said:

I'm sure the lads on the caddy forum would help me with engine dimensions if i ask. I had VR6 dimensions....

If I can get dimensions then that would help a lot :D

I dont doubt the 106 was quick but it is availability of engines... I have had my freestyle for a long time and I may just keep the mojo I dont want to have to redesign the back in 5 years to fit something else (unless i want to)

The ford lump is winning so far but they have stopped making brand new 2.0 zetec so that changes things again :-\

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1lulmidu said:
wagon_1.0":1lulmidu said:
See Danny not just me who rates them, although they are starting to get like RH poo

yeah they are like that which is why I dont fancy going down that route :D

wagon_1.0

there used to be so many. I remember buying my 2000 plate in 2005, and being the dogs danglies for about 4 days before suddenly there were 15 of them in town. a gang of my chums used to hammer about and for awhile 4/6 of us had them!

they must all be in "formula106" or something - "projects" y'know the usual.

or rot has killed them

Phaeton

Staff member
Is Max your project manager on this Mojo build instead of getting on with it, you're fannying about making things pretty & avoiding doing any actual work on it.

Danny

Administrator
Haha gotta get the shed finished and racked out so I can clear the garage and get to my tools

Also need to keep organised of parts from mgf and ford and mojo... my garages are starting 5o look like a motor factors

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2h2oxgov said:
Are you sure the key stays with the ECU, normally it's a ring around the steering lock
Yes that is correct but because the loom has been cut down it's now with that ring but that is next to the ecu

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":28xujw91 said:
Yes that is correct but because the loom has been cut down it's now with that ring but that is next to the ecu
But you should be able to use a screened cable & move it where you want, or nick that bit of the other Focus

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":324pwmke said:
Danny":324pwmke said:
But you should be able to use a screened cable & move it where you want, or nick that bit of the other Focus
It will be fine where it is I reckon :)