Sylva Mojo build

Danny

Administrator
I am hoping by the backend of next to have the MOJO in my garage and the buggy in the shed :D all being well :D

but to add a few spanners to that I will also be stripping and repairing stolen and recovered bikes to make some £££'s and also will be filming and what not that shenanigans for youtube etc :D SO the MOJO build will be quite slow... but it is happening :D

Danny

Administrator
I have been looking at the gearboxes on the Zetec and what others are using....

Most people who convert their Mojo to run Zetec they use a gearbox from a 1.3 KA.... where as I want to try and use the standard gearbox from the focus which is a MXT75....

I have been told that the MXT75 gearbox is a lot bigger than the KA Gearbox but is a better stronger gearbox so this is the one that I want to get in the Mojo... somehow

so while googling I found this site https://www.8balltuning.com/blog/technical/

and more to the point this photo....

cache_38344609.jpg

cache_38344612.jpg

cache_38344613.jpg

The MTX75 looks massive :-(

Danny

Administrator
20190106_162047.jpg

Then decided to start getting the zetec out....

Hoping to get it out through the front.... all the panels unbolt

Danny

Administrator
I have found a gearbox that should fit on tho the 2.0 Zetec block....

Its a 1.3 Endura engine from a 2001 KA... £30

From my research and other MOJO owners it looks like this will do the trick...

I really want to get the original engine and Gearbox from the focus in but frankly I cant be bothered to be messing about making brackets and what not when I have all the bits I need for this engine and the endura gearbox...

I need to try and keep the build time down and the costs down as the end results will still be much the same....

I pick the gearbox up on tuesday so will see :D

Danny

Administrator
After a close inspection of the chassis... looks like it was originally designed to take another type pf engine so either which way i will be making up engine mounts.... YAY!!!

On a side note I picked up the Gearbox today and decided I needed to penny pinched so haggled the price down more and got £20 for the gearbox :D :D

Still going to try and get the complete engine and box in :D

This weekend should be the key if I get enough time away

Danny

Administrator
Well today I managed to dump the child to a neighbours so I can meet the electricity board to get my meter installed for the electric to my garages and shed!!!

Well.... they could not fit the meter because of an issue so I need to wait now and see who is going to put that fault right!!!

Anyway so while all that was going on I decided to see if I could get the focus engine running on the Frankenstein wiring loom I bought...

Took a bit of fiddling and also had to power up the fuel pump so out came the seats and chopping the wiring and then sticking the jump pack on the wires the fuel pump ran :D

The car fired into life and all is well in the world :D

One thing that concerns me though with this loom is that they have bypassed the Lambda sensors... they say it is fine and not caused any problems but I would prefer it if that was all working as well... unless you guys think different :D

So all I plan on doing on friday is getting the engein out of the focus and over to the MOJO to see if I can squeeze it in :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Yeah bypassing the Lambda sensors is fine for banger car racing but of no use to you

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":uj8ui2ak said:
Yeah bypassing the Lambda sensors is fine for banger car racing but of no use to you

yeah thats what I thought :D

From reading online it is not too bad putting it back in and also putting the comms port back in as well :D

ChaosMS

Yeah you need the Lamda sensor Danny without it it will be a pain to pass the emissions, I know when the Suzuki one on the buggy went on the fritz it was all over the place

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":2a8yztxi said:
Yeah you need the Lamda sensor Danny without it it will be a pain to pass the emissions, I know when the Suzuki one on the buggy went on the fritz it was all over the place

Thought so I will see the wiring nearer the time and wire it in :D I also want a comms port as well :D

Danny

Administrator
So yesterday I got the engine out of the focus :D

20190111_130933.jpg

Took quite a while to do but it is out and I made up a roller platform for it as well so I can push it around etc :

20190111_153156.jpg

Then today (saturday(ish)) I decided I was going to look and see if I can get the engine and standard gearbox in the chassis...

I literally spent all day trying to do it and although the engine and box do fit it is going to be a pain to do and also there was almost no space for exhaust manifolds and what not...

20190112_115616.jpg

So I have to admit defeat and fit the Endura gearbox... I still have a fair bit of fabricating to do to get it in the chassis but that but is fun :D

I do have one small problem with KA gear box and that is that it is rod change... I don't want rod change so I am looking at converting that to cable change....

Looking at my Buggy build I used this form Mike Satur

Bell-crank-assembly-MGF-jpg-500x500.jpg

so I think this may be an option to go down which will make my life a lot easier if I can get cable change to work :D

I also need to find a flywheel and clutch for a 1.8 focus to fit the new gearbox :D

SO although I did not get anywhere today I fell like I achieved a lot :D