The National Kit Car Festival - Newark 2012 16/17th June

vexedben

If I hadn't booked to go marshal the Moto GP I would have bobbed along as its not too far for me. Would have been good to meet you guys.

Radar

sorry chaps can't make it and I so wanted to visit again but other stuff is taking up my time recently . I maybe have a 10% chance to get away from my obligations and come down Sat for a flying visit in my road car but it's slim chance....

Enjoy guys hope it's not to muddy for you all

Radar

Danny

Administrator
lol I am coming in the cappo.... :)

Have you posted the ticket yet alan? I am leaving to head up tomorrow (friday) so if you have I hope it arrives in time.

Danny

esdebe

OK I'm planning on getting there for 11ish, My wife and kids are coming for the experience of camping in the wet... Not sure if we will bbq or look for the warmth and dry setting of a pub...

What are others doing for evening food?

Steve

I will be putting in some sausages, but I will be more than happy to go somewhere warm and dry to get something to eat and drink. The sausages will always double up for breakfast.
See you there.

Phaeton

Staff member
I will bring the BBQ & I have seen 1 bag of charcoal, so that will come, I've been abandoned by the wife she's gone up north somewhere, so I'm even more disorganised then normal I didn't think it was possible. I've just looked in fridge & there is loads of bacon so that will come with me, I was in Newark a few weeks back & I'm sure they now have a big supermarket so if we do BBQ maybe a shopping forage maybe in order.

Alan...

esdebe

sounds like a plan.. take the basics (that can be used for any meal), and fire for cooking, and hunt for the rest when we have decided...

Phaeton

Staff member
So I set off to Newark which went wrong when this happened

IMAG0526.jpg

Then to be followed by this, one of them most scary events of my life, being towed home by my son, if this is his idea of taking it steady, lord knows what it's be like if he towed at his own speed. We of course were stationary at this time of taking the picture, it was just before we set off as it would be illegal to take the picture if I was being towed at 50mph.

IMAG0527.jpg

So pipe joining 2 rubber pipes had come adrift loosing all the water, pretty sure it's taken the head with it this time for definate. Next mod before fitting new engine is a coolant level warning device.

So after finding out what it was & very little I could do to drive there in Bumble I went for the 2nd show in a row in the Megane, as usual good time & good company was had.

Alan...

Steve

Come on Danny, get the videos on of Saturday nights entertainment. I need to see you kissing the grass again.
Steve

Danny

Administrator
I will do but I had to move house since newark and its a little complicated..... that should keep you guessing :)