The New Ad & Trade Description Act

dpnomad

FreestyleAdSmall.jpg

Rover 100 based.......I've been waiting a long time is it finally here ?
:roll:

Does it exist ?

Has anyone seen it ?

:lol: :lol: ....

jerry

Ive seen it, it does exist and its going to be worth the wait when its released. May just have to build one myself!

Phaeton

Staff member
Dave was at Newark with us over the weekend, he was saying it was very near completion. He had still to work on the cooling, siting of radiator etc, the rear brakes, disks but not quite finalised the mechanism & the brackets & finally the gear change system, on the donor it's rods but he is looking into cable change.

It will be slightly longer, don't think it's any wider but if it is it's millimeters not inches.

As to when, well now let me think, I'm sure he said something about it being ready of the Thursday, although he didn't actually say which Thursday.

As well as a full new kit I think he is also going to offer an 'upgrade' kit which will convert an A series kit into a K series kit for those of us already running round.

Alan...

dpnomad

I was at Newark on Saturday (Damn Rain !)

Admiring this:
kitcarshow001Small.jpg

Didn't get chance to talk to Dan or Esebe (?)

I really hope that Dave can get the Metro/Rover version working, and overcome the gearchange,cat/exhaust,wiring,problems.

The A-series is great for simplicity, spares, etc. But the K series in good form offers good cheap BHP right up to VVC !

I only hope the price is kept low otherwise the it starts getting into MEV/Mojo/7 bracket.

As for the size ......I've always like Freestyle because of its simplicity, and I could build one in my tiny garage.....a bit longer wheelbase would be good.

I'll text Dave in the morning.

Cheers

Danny

Administrator
DPNOMAD,

Why didnt you come say hello? I was there.... I am waiting for th K series too!

Danny

funbuggydave

Yes it really does exist, bit rusty as its been sitting in the rain whilst building it.
The tub is exactly the same as the A series so its no wider or longer, but the overall length is longer due to the subframe being longer.
Sadly it will be more expensive due to the fact there is much more work to do to build it, (I also need to make a living!) but it will include lower wishbones as the metro pressed steel ones are horrible (it will retain the metro ones on the back) you will also need to buy coil over suspension units for the back at around 180-200 for the pair which looks rediculous when I'm gonna try and keep the kit price to sub 1500
As too when it will be finished I'm not sure as there is a lot of sh1t going on in my domestic life at the mo and if I need to move house, that will bugger everything up.
Will keep Danny posted so he can pop something on the forum
Cheers
Dave

Phaeton

Staff member
"muddybuggies"":1ljmluzt said:
DPNOMAD,

Why didnt you come say hello? I was there.... I am waiting for th K series too!

Danny
Looks like you were there, isn't that your leg on the right of the picture :lol:

Alan...

RichardG

Did anyone notice the excessive negative camber on the front of our buggy ? When we got home I noticed that the lock nuts on the adjustable bottom arms were loose and the arms had been gradually winding themselves out during the weekend well Matt was driving round :shock: :shock:

must remember to tighten them up before the SVA :lol: :lol:

DPNOMAD - glad you liked our buggy.

Richard

dpnomad

Danny,

I'd missed the buggies completely until I was just about to leave.

You were in deep conversation and unfortunately I had to go......

I will buy you that beer one day (honest !) for nicking your ideas for the Scamp Forum....

Cheers

Dave

Danny

Administrator
There is possibkly a hint of my white T shirt over the chap with the black coat.... but christ

Danny

R1FREESTYLE

Rich,
Just seen the pic of your buggy Newark, looking real good! Really nice job of the rear end. It was the bit I was never really happy with, but you have finished it off well.
Still annoyed I couldn't make Newak, making up for it this weekend with Goodwood Festival of Speed Saturday and Moto GP Nottingham on Sunday. :wink:

Paul