TIG Welder help :p

Steves2580

Not a bad set!
Quite cheap, but looking at the 35% Duty cycle (that is quite low).
The duty cycle measures the amount of welding that can be done at anyone time, an industrial machine has a duty cycle of above 65%, so only 35% of your time would be wasted by cleaning the electrode, waiting for the machine to cool down, getting new filler rods etc.

For a hobby welder thats not bad!

Just to but it into perspective, the last TIG Arc inverter I bought was a Kemppi 200 amp, that runs from a 13amp socket, all the gadgets (pulse, memory settings, etc etc) was £2500.00 ex VAT

Get saving up fella!!

Steve ;D

P.S. don't forget gas bottle hire (pure argon), gas regulator, flow meter, different filler rods (ally, magnesium, stainless & mild steel), different electrodes to suit different materials etc etc

Paul

Not a bad set for the price. I to have the Kempi welder which is the all singing and dancing set. In reality most of the metals which you will likely be using the Tig for (stainless, ally etc) are likely to be thinner. Most of the stainless and aluminium welding that i do i use at below 90amps so on that basis that would be a good buy giving you a fairly good duty cycle. If you are planning on using it to weld thick metals as a MMA machine then you would probably be better getting a dedicated arc welder or good quality mig.