Time to show my face!

Sven

Hi Guys, Time i showed my face!
I bought the NCF Blitz 2 that was on ebay last December. I had been looking for a road legal one for quite some time - the last decent one i saw for sale was a few years ago! So i decided this one was going to be mine. Had a good chat to the vendor before bidding & he offered free delivery (trailered) from Northampton to Norwich (240 mile round trip) which helped me lots!
Anyways, I’ve been furloughed this lockdown, so plenty of time to work/play with the Blitz. It had been MOT’d just before i bought it which was rather scary with what i found on it! Can only presume that the MOT testers guide dog was doing the tests on that day! So I decided to go through and replace all safety items such as suspension, brakes, etc. General tidy up - bit of paint & sort out any bits not working. New radiator, water pump, hoses & thermostat to make sure the cooling is up to scratch. Fitted some Givi e21 panniers that were laying un-used in the garage atm, to add a bit of storage.
And so she’s now on the road, & I’m just sorting a few little niggles out.
It’s just a bit of fun for me & something i can play around with. I’ve always been a petrolhead ever since getting my first car(s) at the age of 15. Have owned a few odd cars over the years - including a GP beach buggy, dune buggy, GTM coupe, GTM libra, Mini Marcos, Status minipower, Lotus elite & lots of motorbikes. Current garage besides the Blitz includes Honda Africa twin, Porsche cayman, Mazda bongo (campervan) & Renault scenic (workhorse!).
Will try to post a couple of pics.....& you can throw the necessary abuse at it/me. Lol ;D

Sven

Pics ;D

Attachments

• 4A8FB426-1007-46D8-BDC3-5A550EC39C7B.jpeg
    4A8FB426-1007-46D8-BDC3-5A550EC39C7B.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 2C177210-067B-4258-8BBF-644156C83AD1.jpeg
    2C177210-067B-4258-8BBF-644156C83AD1.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 1,336
  • 7B69EAF6-BD9D-4DD6-9483-9B63CC944615.jpeg
    7B69EAF6-BD9D-4DD6-9483-9B63CC944615.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,336

ChaosMS

Hi Sven, welcome to the board !! - The Blitz is looking great, I look forward to photo's from the runs you do in it (when we can at some point :) ) - I have to say its looking very clean and well sorted, from your comments regarding the MOT (Testers Guide dog - made me laugh) it sounded like it was a bit rough - so you must of been very busy and done a cracking job of it!

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome just need to remove the boat anchor from the back & put a decent motor in it ;D

Sven

Thanks guys, you’re been very gentle with me! Lol
One of the reasons i wanted a Blitz was for the A-series engine. I know its fairly out-dated now, but its what i grew up with - all of about 40 years ago now! I know them inside-out. I can’t see me going very fast in the Blitz....if i want to do that I’ve got the bike or Porsche! I found out some years ago when i had old British bikes, that you don’t always need to go fast to have fun. And i intend to have fun in the Blitz at a slower pace, maybe doing a bit of light off-roading. I’ve sorted out a few teething niggles so she’s now all ready for the summer.....if we’re allowed out!!

Phaeton

Staff member
There's a show coming up in June at Santa Pod, if my latest is registered by then I'm hoping to go, I think Danny is thinking about it as well

Danny

Administrator
Yeah I may be up for that show if everyone else is

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sven

I’m guessing this is Kitfest? I may be able to make this, will have to see nearer the time. Have a mother-in-law who has dementia & we (myself & wife) are her carers so can make it difficult to get away at the moment! As i say, depends on things nearer the time!