TMF

jason_l

HolyCount":24xb3sgx said:
Yes, 'tis The Mini Forum  ;D  Thanks, Max, not just me then ! ::)

How you been Kev? Haven't spoke for ages, hows the Firecat coming along? I hope you have got the blue off by now  ;D

Jason :)

HolyCount

jason_l":adrjc4du said:
HolyCount":adrjc4du said:

How you been Kev? Haven't spoke for ages, hows the Firecat coming along? I hope you have got the blue off by now  ;D

Hi Jason. Yes, it's been awhile (but I have been following your build diary with green eyes!!! ).  Firecat went to a guy down the road here (with the blue engine) and he has since sold it on --- as usual with these thing it's getting slightly better with each change of owner!!!

I sold it on because I thought I was losing the garage space .... as it turned out, I didn't (or at least, haven't yet!).

Have a few oddball plans in mind -- don't know which, if any, will get to fruition tho  ::)  I managed to find a set of drawings for a mini powered trike frame .... if I can get someone to fabricate it I might have a go at that. There's also a VW trike frame on the bay at the mo which is tempting ..... but the mini trike would have the advantage of being an auto and I could finally use that fat arse end mould for the bodywork  ;D

Up until a minute ago, the VW was favourite -- now I have changed my mind AGAIN  ::) ::)

jason_l

HolyCount":13x5v6l4 said:
jason_l":13x5v6l4 said:
HolyCount":13x5v6l4 said:

Hi Jason. Yes, it's been awhile (but I have been following your build diary with green eyes!!! ).  Firecat went to a guy down the road here (with the blue engine) and he has since sold it on --- as usual with these thing it's getting slightly better with each change of owner!!!

I sold it on because I thought I was losing the garage space .... as it turned out, I didn't (or at least, haven't yet!).

Have a few oddball plans in mind -- don't know which, if any, will get to fruition tho  ::)  I managed to find a set of drawings for a mini powered trike frame .... if I can get someone to fabricate it I might have a go at that. There's also a VW trike frame on the bay at the mo which is tempting ..... but the mini trike would have the advantage of being an auto and I could finally use that fat arse end mould for the bodywork  ;D

Up until a minute ago, the VW was favourite -- now I have changed my mind AGAIN  ::) ::)

Shame to see the firecat got sold, but looks like you may have something again soon. I remember you where looking at Trikes before. A series Trike would be great fun :D Let us know what you get Kev :D

Phaeton

Staff member
On the TMF front the admin guy has been grounded for a week & had his pocket money taken off of him so he couldn't afford the fees for the server electric in his bedroom.

On the Mini Trike front Paul of P&L Minis was building one, don't know if he finished it or would consider parting with it.

Alan...

HolyCount

Pics of the possible trike:

motoring-graphics-2_807019a.jpg

motoring-graphics-2_807018a.jpg

jason_l

HolyCount":2fr3jhe7 said:
Pics of the possible trike:

motoring-graphics-2_807019a.jpg

motoring-graphics-2_807018a.jpg

haha That looks awsome Kev!  ;D Basically a mini and a motorbike murged together! Should be quite a nice little project if you do something similar.

I have been looking at more toys but i have been told to finish this one first.  ;)

Danny

Administrator
Hello Guys

As with TMF I actually think maybe B M W have closed them down.... as the site is not down its just had a simple message put up.

The word mini is trademarked pretty heavily... and b m w have been known to close down sites for using that word

Danny

jason_l

Danny":7phmh5c1 said:
Hello Guys

As with TMF I actually think maybe B M W have closed them down.... as the site is not down its just had a simple message put up.

The word mini is trademarked pretty heavily... and b m w have been known to close down sites for using that word

Danny

Really?  :eek: Thats a flippin JOKE!!!!!

There was something similar with toyo-diy.com...........its basically a website that some guy setup that has all the proper toyota diagrams with part numbers, prices and diagrams on how all the Toyota cars where put together. Completely free of charge! Toyota USA have clossed them down so that they can charge a subscription for the service!  :mad:

Anyway, the BMW Mini's are not Mini's they are large's!!!!!

Mini Mad Max

I have just got on TMF, there is a subject askin what the matter is and supposedly has something to do with the IP server. Not been many posts today and patchy last couple of days but seems like it's back up and running  :D
Max

HolyCount

Mini Mad Max":4ccqwfjw said:
I have just got on TMF, there is a subject askin what the matter is and supposedly has something to do with the IP server. Not been many posts today and patchy last couple of days but seems like it's back up and running  :D
Max

Cool -- 'cos I am keeoing an eye open for an engine with an auto box :)

Danny

Administrator
Thats good news then!

It was just a thought....lol

I got busted a few times with brand names in the past...lol dont ask!

Danny