Top arm removal...

BRUC3

How the hell do I get that pin out?!

Will it come out easier once the rubber cone is off?

Also are most of you guys running the rubber cones, or have you upgraded to the springs I've heard you can get?

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't know anybody running springs, I think some of the early ones tried it, but they soon got destroyed if you did any offroad work. I'm sort of assuming your're talking about the rear top pin, if you look at the front of the tower there is a small oval plate held in by 2 bolts, remove that & the pin only come forward. you can see itin this image here

2010-04-24190607.jpg

Alan...

BRUC3

Im not planning on taking mine off road, but was tempted by the fact their more modern and give a better ride!

Ive removed both plates Alan, and theres a very tiny amount of play in the pin. Ive tried knocking it out both ways, but it seems solid?

Should it just slide out?

Phaeton

Staff member
It can only come out one way, the same way you took the plate off, again I'm assuming, you have split the top ball joint, compressed the rubber cone & removed the aluminium trumpet, without all those it won't come out anyway. But if you have with a hide/rubber mallet give it a good shoeing, they do stick in the bearlings.

Alan...

collie

Bruce, I read about those springs, they were in an article in Mini World, however, i read it at the airport!
Can't remember exactly how they work, but i am sure hey replace the rubber cones?