Unleaded?

binno

Hi guys

Just got a donor mini (B reg 84). Dont no if its been converted to run on unleaded. Does anyone no if theres an easy way to tell if its been done?

Would be grateful of any help

Cheers Mark

Phaeton

Staff member
Without the head being off no, best to use an octane booster, caost about £10 per 5k miles so not too bad.

Alan...

funbuggydave

I've run buggys for years with no unleaded heads or additives and had no problems, save yourself the money and sort it if you ever get any troubles. You might end up converting to a 1275 long before any troubles are likely to occur.
Remember the engine is under less stress than when in the Mini cos its 200+kg lighter
Dave

esdebe

If it was done by a austin / rover dealer then they may have stamped the letter "U" between teh engine number pre-fix and teh rest of the serial number, but saying that, It doesn't mean that the head hasn't been swaped over since then....

Simon

Asbo

i run my buggi on a new fuel.....'bio#petrol'......its usually aBOUT 25% DEISEL and i get it fror free from 'fuel drains' from idiots that have wrongly fuelled ther deezls at fuel stations??@@~~

MattBlack

reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllly? c'mon...... people don't do that do they? That would like brushing yer teeth with..... erm... oh... erm.. i don't know... shit i guess. How do you put he wrong fule in your tank?

Asbo

seems li8ke they do.....am runnin at 22 litres max on/in the buggy at the mo,with 120litres on standby,and another 1000 or so in reserve. im on a mission tho,to see if it harms the enjin,or jus makes it a wee bitty smokey? no like im bothered......am i bovverred? lol.

Asbo

alan.....theres an ant or summit runnin around the bottom of your post..... i jus sprayed it with a barb-q repellant,but i think its resistant,or on your end? :roll:

esdebe

I ran 20L through my buggy last year, after the wife filled her diesel with unleaded, It definetly made it more smokey, and on stripping the engine doen (I needed to replace a piston ring (this could have been responsible for the smoke too I guess) I found that the other 3 cylinders were very black and coated in carbon (or a carbon like substance))

Simon

FFTS

Fuck.. one was bad enough!!

Now we have the synchronised figure 8 midgy team to annoy us.. ahhaha