VOSA have released the Draft IVA manual

iank

"will_raymo2000"":3bc71c0a said:
sorry for being ignorant.. but whats the difference between the IVA and the SVA? or is the IVA taking over?

Yes in April 09. Biggest change will be the cost.
But lots of details are changing, some of which may impact the freestyle and other buggies.

will_raymo2000

Ahh! More expensive I guess.. will it be more difficult to get the thing to pass or is it just more tedious to get everything prepared and covered up etc?

iank

Not so much that, as I read it, but need to be (even) more careful about the switch markings, fuel tank you use (and where you put it) at least.
I've been mad busy at work this week so haven't really read it in detail yet for other gotchas.

Phaeton

Staff member
I haven't had time to read it this laptop I'm using is so slow, think Noah used it to count his animals, one I did notice was self-centering at speeds in-exces of 10 mph, not something the Freestyle is good at.

Alan..

Angel Boy

Just downloaded and first observation is that there are an additional 21 pages from the one I downlaoded in April.  Hopefully the majority of that will be revision history  :)

Andy

ChaosMS

Max - Tell me about it!! - I have not found any show stoppers so far and have also heard back from Mark at VOSA that number plate at the front is not needed for the test!

Have almost sorted the model for your freestyle exhaust will post pics soon.

Rich

Mini Mad Max

Good... I spoke to my dad about the brake balance. We figured we would try and plum in an original mini break limiting valve and see what that does in terms of break balance, as you don't go much above 30mph on the test day, so brake balance can be properly fiddled with once its registered because as you said, adjustable proportioning valves are strictly prohibited :/ As for the number plate, that's one less thing to worry about :)
I look forward to seeing the drawings! I'm going to try and get more work done this weekend in terms of preparing everything else, so that once the system is fabbed on then i can start her up and test her vocal chords ;) haha.
Max

Mini Mad Max

I hope they've got it right this time, If they change it again by the time i reach radius's and stuff then i'm gonna rage :p

Mini Mad Max

Another version?! Even more reading :D I'm going to have a go at filling out IVA forms in the next week! Do you know if i should call my local VOSA/IVA station to see if they have any time available when I'd prefer? I don't really have much of an idea about the process.
Max