Wales Buggy Run 21st - 24th July 2016

Radar

Wish I was going but don't fancy it on the bike this year ...I have a plan for next year with a fun vehicle let's hope funds allow :)
enjoy yourselves guys and don't forget bed by 8.30 pm lol

Radar

ChaosMS

Have an excellent time fellas - sorry I cannot be there - make sure you get plenty of video and photos!! to show us all what we missed!!

Rich

Danny

Administrator
d3c1a1bd8fb0f84d8e1588a9e78f3668.jpg

b30c836f820ae015baf7860da8df258a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
I am back from wales 2016 and although I am a day early it was one of the best road trips I have been on....

The journey to wales was a pleasure the buggy was driving ok and once I scrubbed the tyres in the handling got better :D

I arrived at the campsite at about 3pm and pitched up :D then had a nap.... simon and alan arrived a couple of hours later :D Obviously it is beer oclock :D

The following day we decided to stay another night in Crickhowell and so today we would be looping :D The roads were twisty and narrow and very bumpy :D

I was grounding out and scraping all over the place but it was a lot of fun :D I have a tonne of videos I will be uploading :D Once again the handling was exception and the K series was proving to be an excellent choice!!!

Alan driving through a heard of horses was funny and there were plenty of sheep :D

The next day it was my turn to lead :D Ok I was not so keen on this but my sat nav is a bike one kindly given to me by tom tom to try out and I have to say it was awesome :D The roads it took us down were twisty and a lot of fun :D

I was really getting in the flow of it and really got to grips with how the buggy was handling and with dry roads I was having a good time :D Some of the junctions I struggled to pull out of gently as my turning circle is shite so a bit more tyres spin helped :D

At about 13:00 We had to move over for a truck and trailer and simon reversed back and picked up a puncture... and not only that it was in teh side wall :(

AA arrived and decided that nowt could be done so it was looking like simon was going home on the back of the truck.... At that point I decided I would bail as my journey the following day was just to go home....

I got home in about 5 hours and it was a right laugh... sitting at 75mph cough on the one motorway was a dream and the roads either side were twisty and fun I got home about 730 and gave simon a call and by some round of strange luck they had managed to find a tyre....

The wales trip is such a good laugh and I think this is the 7th year and we are still finding new places to go... Reliability was good this year with only a few things...

On my buggy I lost brake lights and had an engine mount bolt work lose and a we dribble of brake fluid from the brake master... and I think that was all... the others were perfect as to be expected :D

I will add photos in the post below as they are on my phone and videos will come soon enough

250buggys

Dan, great post. As always a picture paints a thousand words! Awesome scenery... Can imagine the trails were superb. Well jealous mate. Gives me more drive to get on the road with my build. The freestyle has evolved some what from the build manual which gives great inspiration to others like myself.

Radar

great write up Dan hope to see some vids soon ....

and be there next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Was a really good time, first time in 7 years that we have managed to go the whole trip without getting wet, on each day there was a few spots but that was literally it, on one day there was a huge black cloud directly in front of us as we went over the Brecon Beacon's, I even pulled up to make sure they wanted to continue in this direction, but as we went forward it seemed to slope off to the South East.

On Friday we drove for around 2.5 hours & about 60 miles only to find that on stopping for lunch we were only 15 miles from the campsite, I say about 60 miles as half way through the day I realised my speedo had stopped working at some point the previous day, it was easier to see the satnav. We came to the conclusion that we spent too much time on the very narrow twisty lanes & it was good to get onto some flowing roads a bit more, but apart from that it was a very good day, we've been here before yet still found roads that we've never been on before.

Saturday was going very well with Danny having been forced to lead, although no brakes lights made it interesting, until the puncture, we all had a puncture repair can, but a whole straight through the sidewall wasn't repairable. It looked like that was the end after the AA said they couldn't find a new tyre in a 100 mile radius. We all agreed to head our separate ways, I said I would wait for Simon to get loaded before I went home & Danny got on his way. However the recovery people had other ideas, instead of coming out with the recovery truck, he turned up in just a 4x4, took Simon & the flat tyre back to their depot where they had a new tyre fitted & then brought them both back. Why the hell they didn't bring the recovery truck to take him the 20 miles back to there depot I don't know, so I waited with the buggies to ensure they were safe while they completed the round trip. The intention was still to go home at this point, however once Simon was back he figured apart from being 2.5 hours later we were in no different position to that of earlier.

So we continue onto the site at the side of the river Severn near Gloucester where arriving at 7:10 we were told we had to get there before 6, right stroppy get on the reception claimed we would have been told on the phone which I am 100% sure I wasn't. We had a discussion & he eventually allowed us to stay.

Sunday we went into Tewkesbury for breakfast & then onto Bourton on the Water really nice place worth another visit, then onto Banbury to watch the F1 after watching it did actually look like it was going to rain didn't didn't, from there up to Daventry where Simon went down the A5 to go home & I went up the M1.

Cracking few days, looking forward to the next one, but will have a spare wheel next year ;D

Should add it's all Steve's fault if he had been there we would have had a spare to get us moving again, he carries the club spare wheel!!

Danny

Administrator
Videos are still being edited :D

Got some great shots :D and the mics in the right places works well :D

Steve

Glad to hear you had a good time guys and still upset that I could not be there, (first time ever). Could not believe the puncture incident as you say we have always had a spare every other year and never had to use it.
I will make sure I will be there next time.

Phaeton

Staff member
Think there are moves afoot for us all to have them for next year lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Steve":2fds6wa8 said:
Glad to hear you had a good time guys and still upset that I could not be there, (first time ever). Could not believe the puncture incident as you say we have always had a spare every other year and never had to use it.
I will make sure I will be there next time.
You better be :) we need a new leader :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk