Wales Buggy Run 5th - 8th July 2018

ChaosMS

Hope its all going well guys - And the tents didnt melt!!!
I am looking forward to the photos and video!!

Danny

Administrator
Bloody good weekend....

Started with me on a tow truck and ended that way as well :)

But inbetween that it was a lot.of fun :)

Danny

Administrator
Some shots
faff2c8891026e17b1bf766b2dfaac3f.jpg
ba41013d3ddb76a1ff7baba76e0b596d.jpg
ce9cf19a2c2b6c611076798d941ebbfd.jpg
185e5327040c52284e504762342ff7e8.jpg
26359d5ccc39f75a3349cc8df7323e67.jpg
7ba88c8feb828e40fb72730181f5f372.jpg
4b64f240a7bab92289703ee00928b011.jpg
85646decdfa0131e43965630d5874ac7.jpg
54855fe86a3326599c6491f888bb359b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Going forward Danny will be known as Tom Jones, because it's "Not Unusual" for him to include being on the back of a recovery lorry coming/going to Wales!

ChaosMS

ha ha ha awesome pics fellas - shame about the tow truck! - is that a quarry your in for some of those pics?

Tom Jones... ROFLMAO

Phaeton

Staff member
ChaosMS":nkcj8mkx said:
is that a quarry your in for some of those pics?
We thought it was a open slate mine, but when we stopped one of the locals pulled up, we think she thought we were looking for somewhere to tear up, but we were just reading the signs that it was a site of special scientific interest so told her we weren't ;D

But she informed us that it was lead & gold mines & there are tunnels running miles into the hills, also that when people start taking their vehicles onto the loose stuff & start spreading it around, the next time it rains it drags pollutants into the river & kills off the wildlife.

If you want to go see it, it's on the road between Cwmystwyth & Rhayader

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":3li4v6v4 said:
ha ha ha awesome pics fellas - shame about the tow truck! - is that a quarry your in for some of those pics?

Tom Jones... ROFLMAO
Lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

250buggys

Danny":4te4g6rq said:
bloody good weekend though :D

Lots of fun... lots of twists and lots of dusty getaways :D :D

Danny, sorry to see you are getting your money's worth out of the AA/RAC membership. What went wrong with your buggy that you couldn't fix?

Good to see you did get some miles in it though, looking forward to seeing some of your video footage.

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":1zgk2vkz said:
Danny":1zgk2vkz said:
bloody good weekend though :D

Lots of fun... lots of twists and lots of dusty getaways :D :D

Danny, sorry to see you are getting your money's worth out of the AA/RAC membership. What went wrong with your buggy that you couldn't fix?

Good to see you did get some miles in it though, looking forward to seeing some of your video footage.

hahaha its free with my bank so is not costing a penny :D

Well I am not sure...

Some suggestions are ignition coil failing and also the crank sensor.... or it is a simple fuelling problem... tempted to change all of the above for new and hope it fixes it :D

250buggys

I've found the recovery guys are always spot on with their diagnosis as they are on the front line, see it day in day out. (Maybe not though with buggys). Hope you get it sorted.

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":2jirc389 said:
I've found the recovery guys are always spot on with their diagnosis as they are on the front line, see it day in day out. (Maybe not though with buggys). Hope you get it sorted.

these guys just drive trucks... not interested in cars in anyway from what i gathered

Phaeton

Staff member
But you won't believe me when I've told you the problem is & then when you find out I'm right you'll lie to me & say it was something else anyway ;D

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":145nzamv said:
But you won't believe me when I've told you the problem is & then when you find out I'm right you'll lie to me & say it was something else anyway ;D

nope... you know me well enough now to know I will admit I am wrong :D

250buggys

Danny":3m3yqhdo said:
250buggys":3m3yqhdo said:

these guys just drive trucks... not interested in cars in anyway from what i gathered

I've only called them out twice, the first time my car wouldn't start, it was parked between 2 garages, I thought I couldn't have picked a better place to break down. It turned out the 1st garage didn't want to know and the 2nd was so busy couldn't take a look for at least a week. Called the RAC they came out and told me what to replace and it was on the road the next day.

2nd time car was cutting out but started again then cut out again 1/2 mile up the road, over and over. RAC came out and said it was the EDU goes dry joint, whipped it off got his soldering iron and re-flowed all the components. Worked a treat.

I haven't got enough good things to say about RAC even though their response times are double what they quote. The fault finding and knowledge seems good but I guess that's the difference between the scout patrols and the low loader drivers, one is paid to fix the other drive.

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":2dvgdtpw said:
Danny":2dvgdtpw said:
250buggys":2dvgdtpw said:

I've only called them out twice, the first time my car wouldn't start, it was parked between 2 garages, I thought I couldn't have picked a better place to break down. It turned out the 1st garage didn't want to know and the 2nd was so busy couldn't take a look for at least a week. Called the RAC they came out and told me what to replace and it was on the road the next day.

2nd time car was cutting out but started again then cut out again 1/2 mile up the road, over and over. RAC came out and said it was the EDU goes dry joint, whipped it off got his soldering iron and re-flowed all the components. Worked a treat.

I haven't got enough good things to say about RAC even though their response times are double what they quote. The fault finding and knowledge seems good but I guess that's the difference between the scout patrols and the low loader drivers, one is paid to fix the other drive.

You will find as time goes on that most are failed motor mechanics and you will more than likely in time not want them anywhere near your buggy :D Although my own knowledge is limited nobody knows my buggy as well as I do :D

Mine comes home tomorrow, hopefully by the end of the week she will be fixed again :D