Wales July 2019 Exact Date 25th - 28th Confirmed 2019

Phaeton

Staff member
This will be the 10th anniversary of the Wales run, as far as I know I'm the only one who has made all 10, Danny says he is coming, Steve has been told to tell Karen not to book any surprise cruises, Simon has been advised to ensure he can put the keyboard down for 4 days. Is anyone else going to join us? we've had day visitors before & we've scared a couple away after a day or so, but we aren't really that bad.

Couple of ideas that we need to fit in, I don't think I've ever been to Caernarfon so that is on the agenda, another place I have never been is up Snowdonia on the little chuff chuff & finally to celebrate there's the longest zip wire across the quarry. So should be a fun packed few days.

Phaeton

Staff member
Everybody is welcome, in a Freestyle that is, or at least a buggy definitely no Mojo's

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":30hqv0jq said:
Everybody is welcome, in a Freestyle that is, or at least a buggy definitely no Mojo's

Least you have some confidence it may be finished this year haha :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Date confirmed as Thursday 25th July until Sunday 28th July, we're camping again at Wyeside Caravan & Camping Park in Rhayader, there's just so much choice of food for both morning & evening with easy access to roads to go where we want.

Phaeton

Staff member
Just to say folks we had an AWESOME time,

History was made,

Danny actually drove both into & out of the campsite at the beginning & the end, along with managing to not call the AA at any point of the trip. We'll ignore that he had to stop at one point on the way up & the 4 hours we spend tracing a wiring fault whilst on the site.

Not only that Steve fixed his wheel arches, it was quite fun to see him on Thursday on the way there driving down the road with one hand on the front offside wheel arch stopping it from coming off, I have wondered how he would manage if it was the nearside, would he have used his left leg ;D ;D Luckily the guy in the camper van next to our pitch had a cordless drill, so next day it was off the the Arkwrights Ironmongers for a drill bit & some bolts.

We had great weather apart from on the way back, Steve & I got caught in a horrendous downpour just as we approached Birmingham airport turn, I had 5 miles of torrential rain at 10MPH before I could get off the M42 & into Tamworth services, just in shorts & a tee-shirt you should have seen the peoples faces & how they were laughing as they went past in the traffic jam.

We went to see the feeding of the Red Kites, something we've said we'd do for the past few years, amazing sight, 300+ birds of prey swooping down to grab the food, if you're ever near Rhayader at 3pm it's well worth the £6, far better than the £29 on the Fforest Coaster.

IMG-20190728-WA0008.jpg

IMG_20190727_164204.jpgIMG_20190727_164219.jpgIMG_20190727_164240.jpgIMG_20190727_164253.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-27 at 13.53.15.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.54.08.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.54.07.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.54.06.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.54.04.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.54.03.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.52.57.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-07-28 at 18.54.05.jpeg

ChaosMS

Awesome photos Alan, and im so impressed Danny didnt go sideways through anything this time!!!
shame about the weather coming back but looks like you had good weather the rest of the time
Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
Oh I believe he did go sideways just no through anything this time, but weather was great expect the last 100 or so miles. There is a rumour that Max is going to join us in 2030 he's going to be towing his part built behind his electric car on a trailer.

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":qygq1y8x said:
Awesome photos Alan, and im so impressed Danny didnt go sideways through anything this time!!!
shame about the weather coming back but looks like you had good weather the rest of the time
Rich
I stayed dry all weekend :)

And I was sideways a lot this year :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Phaeton":4yilb4fh said:
Oh I believe he did go sideways just no through anything this time, but weather was great expect the last 100 or so miles. There is a rumour that Max is going to join us in 2030 he's going to be towing his part built behind his electric car on a trailer.
Ha ha ;D ;D on a trailer - poor Max ! - very funny though - sorry Max

Danny":4yilb4fh said:
stayed dry all weekend :)

So where is the in car footage of you going sideways towards the trees/bushes/other objects and the audio of going "Shit shit.. not again!!!!" >:D :D

Phaeton

Staff member
ChaosMS":23ysec6e said:
Oh wait that can't be right, he's got a restricted license he can't tow a trailer unless he takes a test & we all know he has an aversion to putting in for a test ;D ;D

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":2bcug9tx said:
Phaeton":2bcug9tx said:

Danny":2bcug9tx said:
stayed dry all weekend :)

So where is the in car footage of you going sideways towards the trees/bushes/other objects and the audio of going "Shit shit.. not again!!!!" >:D :D

I need to start editing that.... hours of footage