what buggy to buy

tigros

Hi,

I am looking to buy a buggy to run around town/lanes and maybe a little off road, i have narrowed my search down to a quadzilla rl300, rl500 or a hammerhead 250. Any recommendations or advice on choosing between these three ? ......

Steves2580

Hi Tigros,
Welcome to the forum!
Out of the three you are looking at the RL500 will win ever time!
The Hammerhead 250, is a little on the under powered side, not bad off road but on the road it's quite slow 50mph flat out :(
The Quadzilla RL300, is a little bit better, stronger machine, capable off and on road, 55mph again flat out :)
Th Quadzilla RL500, is a very nice piece of kit, high, low and reverse gears, 60 - 65mph. Gets to top speed quite quickly, very good off road. It's tyres, suspension and brakes are far better. The engine is the same that they use in the 500cc Quad bike, it's very strong and smooth running through all areas of the rev guage.

Good luck with your search, let us know what you buy and get some picture of it on the forum!

Steve.

tigros

Thanks for the info Steve,  :D

I guess the main thing to decide now is whether the £2000 difference between the RL300 and RL500 is worth it ??

tigros

Last minute change of plan, settled on a Howie Joyner 650, second hand......pick it up today...... ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
That's what I like to see a fella that doesn't hang about, see you at Stoneleigh?

Alan..

Steves2580

tigros":347odm5d said:
Last minute change of plan, settled on a Howie Joyner 650, second hand......pick it up today...... ;D

That was quick!!
The Joyner 650 isn't a bad machine, not quite as good as the RL500, but what doe's that matter!!
Get some pictures of your new toy, on the site.

Welcome to the wonderful world of buggying ;D

Steve.

tigros

Steves2580":nq3ficg7 said:
tigros":nq3ficg7 said:
The Joyner 650 isn't a bad machine, not quite as good as the RL500, but what doe's that matter!!

Feel like I've dropped the ball now ..  :( ..  I was advised the opposite was true ?!?

Phaeton":nq3ficg7 said:
That's what I like to see a fella that doesn't hang about, see you at Stoneleigh?

Alan..

Yes, don't like dwelling on things or I'll change my mind  :D Maybe at Stoneleigh, will look at it in more detail and decide then....

Pics to follow......

Steves2580

haseleys-nuts":3vvxiyc4 said:
Hi i dont know much about these machines and want to know which is better a gsmoon or a kinroad both 250cc

Out of the two, I'd go for the Kinroad!
Parts are a little easier to find and the machine will be easier to work on!

Hope that helps, but it is only my opinion ;)

Good luck, Steve.