Wheel and hub choice

slackbladder

I have a problem with wheel fitment. I have a set of MGF wheels with a PCD of 95.25 and wish to fit them to my project buggy on Mini/Metro hubs as these hubs are 100.6 ( I think) will metro 100 pcd 95.25 hubs fit mini uprights ?
I also wish to fit rear discs with a hand brake sofar have gone down the wrong path ( due to a bum steer)and have got MGTF rear uprights ( thats a drive shaft no-no) Now I believe VW golf/Skoda rear calipers on Mini hubs are the answer? True or false.
I now need a coffee and a aspirin.
Any help on the best layout for wheel/brake / hub combo is appreciated. Have bought lots of useless bits sofar and space is needed.
John

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini's are actually 4" therefore 101.6mm as far as I know you cannot fit Metro flanges to Mini hubs, the only way around it realistically is to run adaptor plates, I run MGF alloys, but I have an MGF subframe fitted at the rear so they are as they should be & then at the from I run Mini hubs with 25mm adaptors. Yes you can fit Golf calipers to Mini hubs but you do need to get the hubs machined to accept them, there is a post on here where I did the prototype of it.

Alan...

slackbladder

Thanks Alan will take that onboared.
If you have a MGF subframe what engine do you have fitted ?
I was working on the idea of welding up the mini stud holes and re-drilling for 95.25 wheels.
I do have a small mill and lathe.
John.
PS. Cant find your post on caliper mods ?

Phaeton

Staff member
John,

Here is the link to the Golf calliper conversion brake-clutch-and-accellerater-f19/rear-disc-conversion-t301.html there is also another brake-clutch-and-accellerater-f19/alans-rear-disc-conversion-phase-ii-t924.html unfortunately all the images are no longer working, Jamie passed away so I assume his account where the images were posted have been deleted.

I have the 1.8 MGF in the subframe, muddybuggies-owners-projects-f37/mr-bumble-s-rebuild-t1456-15.html halfay down shows how it was done.

Welding/redrilling is an option if you have access to a tig welder.

Alan...