Wills Build

Will

I'll post some pics of the pipes up later tonight if you're interested?  I've got a couple of metro radiators kicking around and they'll cool a 160 vvc with no problem and I think they'll fit under the original nose cone so I was going to use one of those and punch a couple of holes in the nose to save fagging about having another one made up.  Not had a trial fit yet though so don't take that as gospel!  ;D

jason_l

Will":3bictpq6 said:
I'll post some pics of the pipes up later tonight if you're interested?  I've got a couple of metro radiators kicking around and they'll cool a 160 vvc with no problem and I think they'll fit under the original nose cone so I was going to use one of those and punch a couple of holes in the nose to save fagging about having another one made up.  Not had a trial fit yet though so don't take that as gospel!   ;D

Wouldn't mind seeing the pictures of the pipes  ;D Looks like you have already considered what rad to use then. The fiat one is only 240mm high but wider so i was going to use that and make a new custom front with large intake for the rad. Have you thought about where you will be running the pipes??? and are you keeping the battery in its current location or moving it elsewhere?

Sorry for all the questions will but looks like we are planning something similar in terms of radiator and using unconventional engines  ;D

Jason :p

Will

I'll grab some when I go to the garage later.  The battery's going to have to move to the back end passenger side somewhere, luckily the K series is a lot lower on the gear box side so there's plenty of room for it there.  I'm not sure about the pipes, in the F they run down the middle of the body in a channel, I want to run them in the car if possible they're long enough for the unions to the rubber hoses to be behind firewall and front bulkhead so no danger of passengers being splashed with 100 degree water.

I'll lay them in the car later and take some snaps for you.

jason_l

Thanks for the pics Will, they look perfect size! Think i may have to invest in a set of those bad boys!

Where do you think you will be running them??? Im thinking about making a central channel underneath and run them along that, either that or along the passenger side and box them in there!

Keep up the good work mate, yours is coming along alot quicker than mine!  :'(

Will

jason_l":38g0gshe said:
Thanks for the pics Will, they look perfect size! Think i may have to invest in a set of those bad boys!

Where do you think you will be running them??? Im thinking about making a central channel underneath and run them along that, either that or along the passenger side and box them in there!

Keep up the good work mate, yours is coming along alot quicker than mine!  :'(

Id like to keep from running them under the car as I don't want to lose any ground clearance, I'm using cable gear selection so they could just run down the middle of the car and be boxed in there.