Soften Mini cone suspension

Anything Buggy suspension and running gear related
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sven
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Soften Mini cone suspension

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:53 pm

Has anyone on here softened their Mini rubber suspension cones. My back suspension (mini front) is way too hard. I bought new shocks for it, & got standard ones to save a few quid but now realise i should have got adjustable ones! Doh!!! Oh well, can always buy another pair. Hindsight....! ::)
I’ve read that you can drill out the rubber cones to soften them. Has anyone done this? Just wondered how much to drill out. Can’t find anything online, so looking for any info before i butcher them. ;D TIA

Danny

Re: Soften Mini cone suspension

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:03 am

nope I never did... I think the bets ones were the worn out doughnuts L:D

Sven

Postby Sven » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 pm

I realised that my rubber cones were well passed their best & had gone very hard. So decided the first thing to try was to replace these. This has made a significant difference to the suspension. Just need the weather to improve to give it a proper test. Still think that it needs adjustable shocks but will see!
Pic of old v new cones!!
Attachments
7DE7BF56-375F-42E9-B764-9804E8873768.jpeg

250buggys

Postby 250buggys » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Thanks for sharing, mine looks like the one on the right!

The adjustable shocks seem to go up in price every time I look at them!

:-)

Return to “Suspension And Running Gear”