Recent content by nw208

1. N

Remember me?

Help required before I do something stupid to the man at the DVLA. I have just been to Chester DVLA office with my application for a reg number, my MAC1 dated october 2009 and a current MOT cert from last weekend, only to be told that they are not allowed to accepted the sva test after december...
  2. N

Just back from the SVA Test

Just got back from the test, And would you beleive surprise surprise it failed. After worrying myself daft over the last few days, once i got the car to the test station, it all went very smoothly, in a very calm and organised manner. the inspector (Dave) was very helpful and not at all...
  3. N

Silly little bits

Does anyone have a spare gear stick gaiter and clutch pedal rubber that they would like to swap for beer tokens? can't seem to find any on ebay!
  4. N

SVA date confirmed

Had a phone call from a nice lady at Shrewsbury VOSA (well she sounded nice on the phone and was extremely helpful), no more appointments being given at Shrewsbury, but managed to squeeze me into Chadderton on the 28th April. She did say that there are very few slots left countrywide, which...
  5. N

SVA rejection letter

Just had a letter stating that they need more info regarding amateur build status. I sent them 5 receipts with the form, I can only assume that they want a photo build diary now. I am waiting for a phone call back from SVA applications to clarify what they want. :(
  6. N

Wheel magnet for acewell speedo.

How and where have you guys fitted the magnet to your front wheels. I was thinking of using epoxy resin / araldite. Any suggestions/photos would be appreciated. p.s. anyone else completely fed up with rushing to complete the sva before the iva?
  7. N

Progress report

Just thought I'd let you guys know what stage my build is at. managed to drive it out of the garage under its own power for the first time since the strip down. only had half a brake pedal, and it refuses to bleed properly so just ordered a new master cylinder ( suspect it didn't like being...
  8. N

SVA Fail sheets

Does anyone have copies of an SVA test fail list that they could post on here? I think it may be helpful (especially for me) if I could see what format the test takes before I go.
  9. N

brake test waring light for sva

Guys, I have connected everything from the wiring loom from premier wiring but I am not sure how the brake fluid level warning light works. Is it meant to illuminate when the fluid drops below a certain level, or are you meant to push a button and a light illuminates (showing that the level is...
  10. N

Engine date verification

Does anyone know of a web site that can verify the age of my engine from the engine number, I had a quick look at the heritage motor centre website, but they require £47 for the priviliege! The engine is from a metro (998cc) 99HE67 131250 aNY IDEAS?
  11. N

Collapsible safety boss

Does anyone know where to buy an sva compliant collapsible safety boss?  I have tried ebay, but can only find the solid mountney type. I have a nice squishy leather wheel from a mini thirty, but I have no accompanying documentation to say that it is type approved! This sva test will probably...
  12. N

Brain teaser

Can anyone help a mate of mine, she has got a DNG 1000cc race engine ( for class 1 autograss) that has a misfire, initial inspection revealed that the coil was getting hot, and the plastic bits on the point were melting and closing the points gap. Fellow autograssers suggested a ballast...
  13. N

Metro front suspension displacer unit!

Has anyone got an early metro front suspension displacer unit sitting around gathering dust that they would consider swapping for beer tokens. My buggy is metro based and I have just dropped the displacer unit and it has broken into three pieces spilling alien blood all over my mates garage...
  14. N

sva requirements for anti-left device.

If memory serves me correct, you need 2 forms of anti-theft device, I was thinking of a normal key/ start system with a battery isolater swith with removable key. Does anyone have an opinion on this idea, as the sva book gives me a headache every time I open it.
  15. N

Quickshift kits

Just a general query, does anyone use a quickshift kit? If so does it make much difference?