Metro front suspension displacer unit!

nw208

Has anyone got an early metro front suspension displacer unit sitting around gathering dust that they would consider swapping for beer tokens.

My buggy is metro based and I have just dropped the displacer unit and it has broken into three pieces spilling alien blood all over my mates garage floor!

Just as I was making good progress on the build,

Any help on a possible supplier would be appreciated, all of my local sources are scrapping obsolete spares due to the high price given for scrap metal!

Phaeton

Staff member
Just off to bed now, but will look later, not sure if I kept them or not, mind you just thought mine will be Rover 100 ones, are yours A series ones?

Alan...

nw208

Alan,
mine are the A+ type with the valve on each displacer not the rover 100 type.

This is the problem I am having in locating such a scarce item.

Phaeton

Staff member
On the assumption this is a current picture it appears to have the front suspension on Fleecebay other than that try 247spars annoyingly I threw away a A Series Metro subframe with a sphere on it about 6 months ago.

Alan...

nw208

According to Dave, he thinks it is an Onyx Tomcat which is the same as the freestyle to look at, but uses a metro subframe instead of a mini one.

nw208

Coilovers are on the to do list once the buggy has passed the sva ( which I am dreading)

I am in negotiations with a work colleague who has a distant relative with a redundant metro on the drive.

I hope it is cheap, and with a 1300 motor.

So hopefully I should have everything I need to finish building.