Recent content by willsbuggie

1. W

Land Rover clutch cylinder......

Just getting back to tackling the buggy again. Well on the way now with engine in, half the wiring now done, brakes and clutch cylinders and lines all in place, BUT the brand new Land Rover clutch master cylinder just doesn't pump the fluid even with no outlet pipe connected. Has anybody any...
  2. W

fuel tank - latest?

I've been searching the forum regarding the IVA fuel tank issue. What's the latest? has anyone got a Freestyle through IVA yet? I have the extinguisher tank waiting to be fitted in the rebuild, do I have to make it a completely enclosed compartment within the engine bay or has anybody got any...
  3. W

Wiring diagram?

Hi, we're back on the buggy project now and have just fitted and bled the braking system. All our pipes, cables, wiring etc are under the car in a 3"x1" channel. Works well so far! Our next challenge is the wiring, which we have some of with the old loom, but many ends have been chopped of or...
  4. W

Lower suspension arms - choice?!

I've given up trying to find bushes for my existing lower suspension arms on the Freestyle, and now it's delaying the rebuild. So I'm going to bite the bullet and get some new arms  Some are adjustable, some are forged, some have negative camber. Which ones should I go for? Thanks - Mark
  5. W

7" x 13" Wheels & Tyres?!

Just about to order some 7" x 13" wheels and the tyres in the 'package' are only 175 wide. A 205/50/13 will fit, so is there any reason why not to use them?! Any advice please........... thanks Mark
  6. W

Fiat master brake cylinder

Hi Guys, I have fitted a Cinquecento (or however you spell it!) master brake cylinder as recommened by others on the forum, but once the servo unit is removed, how is the rod from the pedal held in the cylinder recess?? Thanks for your help. Mark
  7. W

Exeter Show

Hi, are any Freestyle buggy owners going to the Exeter show? We are rebuilding the buggy after last weekends respray, and it would be great to chat with you to point us in the right direction on a few things. Anybody braving the weather?! Cheers Mark
  8. W

Gallery??!

Hi everone, I've been searching through the posts looking at various pictures, but is there a gallery where they can all be found a lot easier? We are rebuilding our off road Freestyle and pictures help a lot. We've just welded the new pendulum box in place and the frame goes off for sand...
  9. W

Complete buggy rebuild!

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and probably put my previous post in the wrong place, so here it is again! We met a few of you at the Stoneleigh show and picked your brains about getting our buggy rebuilt and on the road. You may remember it was just before your gazebo blew down! Anyway to...
  10. W

Converting off road buggy to road legal

Hi everybody, We met a few of you at the Stoneleigh show and picked your brains about getting our buggy rebuilt and on the road. You may remember it was just before your gazebo blew down! Anyway to recap, we have a Freestyle buggy which we bought from Dave Smart a couple of years ago and my 3...